Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo's 3DS Conference

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I need to watch footage of that. I was going to when I heard about the conference, but we've had a friend visiting from out of town.

It's hard to tell at this point whether 3D will stick around and which form of 3D would be the norm. Probably not glasses-free for any main consoles since that requires a dead-on view which wouldn't work if you have more than one or two people in the living room.

Posted

yeah, glasses-free only works on small handheld screens, imo.

Posted

The 3D isn't a gimmick because you can't really focus a game around it. It's hard to make it a game mechanic at all, especially since it's purely optional anyway. Yeah, it's pretty much a gimmick in the way color was one for the GBC. Just making everything a little better.

Posted

Nintendo 3DS conference. Chocked filled with updates for the newly reborn 3DS. After a slow start and price drop, it seems to be picking up the speed we wanted! And these news games have fans clamoring!! So how can we start this conference to get people REALLY excited to buy a 3DS?

START IT OFF WITH SKYWARD SWORD! YEAH!

But no really, it's looking like one of the deepest Zelda games yet. So I can't complain.
And the 3DS's line up is as Nintendo-tastic as ever. I'm glad the 3rd parties are back on board. Apparently, they were getting scared that the 3DS wasn't going to deliver. The price change fixed that. And while the 20 games was a way to say sorry to us. President Iwata actually took a huge pay cut as a show of good faith to the 3rd parties like Capcom, Namco, Konami, and Square-Enix who had also bid some high stakes on the little handheld.