Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

Each poster has a domain name on them to visit for more information, and when someone visits the domain name, it just says "You were part of a hoax, thanks to an art student on your campus! Thanks for playing!" And a hit counter on your name goes up.

That actually sounds p. cool.

Also, tell them Hyrule Online is coming out in 3D, and that Zelda Wii will be cel shaded, and that there's an updat.

Posted

lol.

i feel like youll come up with something really insane...

and as for your phone camera.....why not get a normal camera? why does it /need/ to be your phone? hell, i cant get my phones crap on my computer without a ton of pain that i dont feel like doing anytime soon :P my camera is so much nicer to me, and with FLASH. (my old phone had flash, but it fell in the bathtub.....with water. amazingly, the only thing that broke was the camera :< aka the reason i got that phone.)

Posted

Chimetals, I want my phone camera in particular to work since it's always in my pocket. Just makes things easier for me. But yay, it's working again!

I keep thinking "Gosh, maybe I should just wait and surprise them with the finished product," but no, I gotta show you guys what I'm up to.

download2tg.jpg

This was the first project I've done for my 3D class, and being the first 3D class I've ever taken, this is my first 3D project. We had to take ten "modules," and work them into a piece. Originally, I took ten feet very literally, and bought ten feet of PVC pipe. I taped them all together with duct tape (and one in the middle with just masking tape, to make it lean), and wrapped the whole thing in sheet music. The very bottom had the easiest sheet music I could find, and the very top had a very difficult song I never quite learned for the piano. Every song on the rocket was a song that I learned, and was supposed to show progress.

Now, when I designed the rocket, I designed it to be flimsy. Why? Because its a giant rocket made of paper, that's why! Ever used a paper plane? After you throw it maybe five times, it gets all bent up at the nose and on the wings and everything and you start considering making another one. So, a rocket made of paper would be the same, right? Especially one so big, right? Well, when my class saw the flimsy structure I made, they thought I was trying to bullshit them when I told them I did it on purpose. Which was actually to be expected, especially since I'm the only person who took ten feet in ten modules so literally/linearly. The teacher asked me to redo it, so I did, and turned it into the three smaller, better constructed rockets you see in the picture. It still shows progress; The song on the smallest rocket is

the song on the middle rocket is
and the song in the big intimidating rocket is
After seeing these, the teacher though maybe I really did do a bad job on purpose. After that, I'm not sure if I still got a good grade or not. But I do know that where the class hated the first one, they loved the second one. In fact, see how it's behind a glass case? It was so well received that it's on display in the hallway right now, with the rest of the good pieces from that class. Huzzah!

Every time I get an assignment in this class I can't help but wonder how much Sahaqiel would love taking it.

So here's my next project for that class. At least, a couple preview shots. Anyone wanna guess at what it is?

download3r.jpg

I'm working with bristol and hot glue on a scale to make things maybe twice as large as they would appear on a lego man, so you'll have to forgive me if my red wine glass is a little small and crooked.

download4p.jpg

HOOOO MAAAAAN SKETCHBOOOOOOOKS seriously guys my sketchbook and concepts are right there it should not even be hard to guess

And then, this is what I did in life drawing today. My only two classes today were life drawing and 3D, if that wasn't clear.

downloadpm.jpg

Drew a naked lady today. Had a little less time to work on it than I did with the linework for that self portrait study, so It's sloppier than I'd like it to be. I'm not happy with this one. I spent more time on her right boob than I should have, and neglected her right arm and leg for too long before I ran out of time. Her face is okay, despite only have two, maybe three measly values. I can do better than this.

Posted

still, good job

Posted

still, good job

That mcdonalds thingy....<3

Posted

NAKED PEOPLE I THOUGHT THIS WAS AN ART THREAD

Posted

Her boob only looks okay. Her right arm has too little detail and the hand is much too small. The fore arm looks plated. Her stomache looks very flat, and has none of the wrinkles it should have had. Her left arm is largely untouched and her hand isn't even there, along with her left nipple. Her neck looks flat and it's shading is too rigid. Her face has lips and implications of a nose, and is otherwise untouched. Her hair took ten seconds on each side. I didn't even get her feet into the picture. Her knee looks like it has a vagina. Her right thigh looks like it's muscle is just barely hanging onto the femur. Her left thigh is just a lump. I didn't even get to the background. Her stomach is way too short, which makes her arm look way too long. I only used three, maybe four values for the whole picture. I can do better than this.

Posted

Her knee looks like it has a vagina.

i had to go back and check this, and now i cant stop laughing due to how accurate that statement is.

was she an older lady, though? because that boob has a /lot/ of wrinkles imo.

Posted

I had trouble figuring out how old she was, to be honest. With her robe on she looked like she was our age, but then she had wrinkles around her mouth. It was, in fact, pretty wrinkly by her armpit, and also on her stomache, and just under her chest. I guessed she was maybe early thirties, just by the wrinkles.

Posted

Pheo, I walked in to math class today and there was this drawing on the board with the name Scuba Stan. Do you have any false selves running around here or something?

Posted

I see concept art for scuba cuba, vilt, and george <3

Posted

downloadkcp.jpg

download2rm.jpg

download3v.jpg

Ah yes Jackson, this wine will do nicely. Oh, you do know how to spoil me!

WHY HAVE NONE OF YOU TRIED TO GUESS AT ANYTHING. SOMEONE GUESS WHAT THIS DUDE IS FOR. HINT: IT INVOLVES THE SILVERWARE.

Also, here's a rough shot of what my face looks like irl, to compare with that self portrait I didn't have time to work on this weekend.

photoon20110923at1337.jpg

Shaved my lip today though, so that probably wont make it into the final pic. Unless it grows back by the time i get to the lip hairs.

Posted

Pheo, why is your hair so messy every time you post something?

Jackson's taller than the table currently.

Posted

Awww Jackson is cuteee :3c Even if I could have thought of many better names for him hurrfff discord

Also lol such a grumpy bear. squawkkk

Posted

Why Jackson is so tall, I will explain later. For now, just accept that it's because if his legs were short he would look proportionally ridiculous. BUT DONT TRY AND GUESS WHY HES SO TALL, OH NO, THAT WOULD BE BAAAAAAAAD.

My hair's always messy like that. It just is.