Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

Pheo is kind of a grumpy bear....

Posted

I was just trying to make the same face I was making when I was drawing the pictuuuuuuuuuure jesuuuuuuuus

Snd that face was "I am going to puppying get these lines right"

Notice that I'm also wearing the same shirt in that picture what a coincidence huh no its because i was making the same face and i needed the same shirt

Posted

that brow line and those eyebrows, man. you gotta be careful with those

but jackson is awesome

You look like Hayden Christensen when he's being angsty.

Any relation, dood

also yes this

Posted

That is a nice boob

Jackson has high shoulders and it looks so awesome o:

Posted

Alright, here's another dump. Starting with, the completed 3D food product. THANKS FOR GUESSING, GUYS. GLAD TO HAVE PARTICIPATION.

23322013.jpg

the assignment was to take a found object, one that contained food, and, using paper, turn the found object into something that was the opposite of itself. What constitutes opposite? That's entirely up to the person making it. One guy took a Flour bag and made flowers coming out of it. Another guy took a pizza box, and inside the open pizza box put a guy covered in pimples (Pizza face). Instead of playing off the nature of the food itself, I chose to play off the nature of the establishment that was responsible for it. Because McDonald's is such a low class restaurant, I decided to take the food containers and turn them into something that would denote a really fancy place, and so I did.

The class loved it. Everyone thought it was cute, in the way that you pick up a toy and do the voices for it. Some guys thought it was cool that Jackson could stand up on his own, and they all liked the implied lines i made from Eliza's eyes to Jackson's eyes to the wine bottle to her wine glass. And they were impressed with the fact that I actually made the silverware to comply with fancy dining silverware standards. The teacher especially loved that I played off the nature of the people that made the food instead of the food itself. Haven't seen my grade yet but I'm basically guaranteed an A here.

Here's another two Life Drawing studies I did. Not happy with this first one at all (It's the mysteriously wrinkly lady again).

tnjk.jpg

Did this one yesterday. I just did so poorly, even on the face that I ended up spending so much time on just because I keep cutting off my faces. I was pretty angry walking out of that class, especially because It's worse than this next one, I did on Tuesday.

tnbvi.jpg

It's better, I guess, and it was the one out of the past two weeks I ended up turning in. Still not happy, though. I'll do better next time.

Finally, here's a progress shot of that self portrait I posted in the first post. Remember that portrait? I didn't stop working on it, I just had to put it off to get these other projects finished. Now, since this is the only homework I have this weekend, I'm going to invest all my time into it.

12994814.jpg

Didn't do much to the face, but I spent all of the three hours I was in a call with Cascade and Sayuri on the neck, which is starting to look pretty good albeit needing some touch ups around where it meets the shirt. I'll begin work on the face today, and try to get most of it done. I'm doing the hair last, since that's so subject to change. Gonna try and get all of that done in one sitting.

Posted

Garnered the best reactions out of that call.

gopheogo

work on that face

Posted

wish i could have been there, but yeah, earthy and her matsci friend trying to get some difficult homework done, and i didnt wanna bother them :< not to mention i had my own homework that needed desperate doing :P

Posted

NOT LIKE YOU GUYS COULD COMMENT ON THE ART HERE OR ANYTHING

Posted

Pheo, you did YOUR NECK for three hours. THREE HOURS. I could say "my that's a lovely neck you've got there on that paper" but that sounds weird.

I could comment on Jackson and Eliza but, really, what needs to be said? THEY'RE ALREADY the most awesome thing you could do with McDonalds' stuff EVER.

So hush.

Pheo giggles=t1g giggles btw

Posted

t1g: that's cool.

Posted

Alright guys, Here's what I spent all of yesterday doing, from three to three. Ish. It's that self portrait study I mentioned in the OP post, and here's some progress I made on it.

28675513.jpg

downloid.jpg

tnfn.jpg

I think I'm doing pretty well, since I get to take my time instead of rushing myself. I didn't think Newsprint would look very good for something I wanted to take my time on, but this isn't coming along terribly. One eyebrow is too dark, but that's because I only spent five minutes placing it, so there's no detail yet. and the whole right side of the face (The face's left, the viewer's right) needs to be done. Maybe if I get enough of the face done today, I'll get started on the hair. I'd like to get the hair done soon enough so I dont have to worry about it any longer.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking. "Oh gosh, but why do you look so angsty in this picture?" Well, initially this came to be because this whole thing has been done with me staring at a mirror, and I was in srsface mode. Gotta get those lines correct or this is gonna look terrible, etc. But I kept it that way because of the nature of portraits, when people do them. Ever notice how when people do their self portraits, they always look so calm and tame? They're probably smiling, or maybe they've got a straight face, maybe they're staring back at you, maybe not, but they barely ever move or change between portraits. That always bothered me. If I'm going to draw myself, I'd rather be drawn doing something, anything, just because I had the ability to do it. Which is why I made such a weird mostly unrelatable face in that self portrait from before, as opposed to the instantly recognizable shock and awe face I could have gone for.

But then, this is a study, right? Not an actual piece? Yeah, it is, which is why, as much as it bothers me, I have chosen not to do something utterly ridiculous and draw it. Instead, I am drawing my face in stasis so that I can study it. Slight changes to the eyebrows are all I will let myself get away with, and if that makes me look angsty in the end, so be it.

On that note, I just realized I didn't make that other eyebrow low enough over my eye. Gotta go in and fix that today.

Posted

Oh man you are all bros I'm so glad to know you all care about my self portraiting

Last night was hair and touching up one side of the face. Today I'm just gonna do the shirt and background, and some finishing tweaks here and there. I think some of the values could be darker and whatnot. Shouldn't be too hard.

tng.jpg

thnd.jpg

tnbxk.jpg

Looking at this, my earlobe needs to be brighter and I think the hair grazing my face could be fluffier. I think the hair on the far right, his left, is the only hair I really like or find passable. I'll probably spend some time patching up the rest of the hair today.

Posted

I feel like your face is too tall, but I guess it's a bit late to correct that.

Posted

looking good. not sure about the jawline, something seems off about it. maybe that's what your jawline actually looks like in which case sorry for insulting you, but good job capturing it?

shadowing under eyes is a bit eh too

I'm hoping you're planning to work on the face more

Posted

I feel like your face is too tall, but I guess it's a bit late to correct that.

rather, the top of your head is almost squareish. your left cheekbone needs help too