Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

AF8gsp0.png

Unfinished design I haven't been able to nail down. I thought I might as well upload it here.

I wanted a cannonball helmet so he could be shot headfirst into action out of cannons into tanks and shit, but I think that might be too ridiculous.

SilverAlchemic and Cascade like this

Posted

Hey man, if a design works, who cares how ridiculous it is?

Posted

Oh I absolutely agree, I just haven't been able to get it to work the way I want it to. It's definitely something to come back to.

Posted

RsDhJZe.png

Another in progress sketch, faces continue to be something I have not substantially studied or learned to work into my art flow. I'll have more of this guy later.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

pheo, I don't mean to offend you but have you finished any of your concept sketches and are just being shy about them or did I just miss those

Posted

Pretty much never post the finished ones lolololololol

Posted

Why? Why would you do that, pheo?

I'm going to die.

Posted

Pretty much never post the finished ones lolololololol

I will end you

Posted

pheo post the finished versions of your art immediately for me to judge them and subsequently you as a person 

Just what the puppy am I working on?!

How are we supposed to know the answer to this, when you never post the finished versions... /tear

Posted

No that final was trash I will never post it.

Posted

Actually, maybe you guys can help me out with this one:

WwUHUNG.jpg

I need to find a better way of signing/writing on/arranging my finished images when I go to put them on my portfolio, but I'm not sure what the best way to do it is. I see lots of different artists do it differently, signing their works either by writing their names with the brush tool, using the text tool, or even coming up with their own symbol to use as a signature. I need to find one that works for me, so I can make my portfolio site that much better. I need them to have my signature, my portfolio site's address, and anything specific to the image like a basic title or something. "Bot Variants" is all that's really needed in this example. I don't think I like the placing of the text in the top right either, "Bot Variants." Might be too big, might not be bright enough, maybe my handwriting isn't as clean as it should be, and so on and so forth. And I think maybe the big black bar at the bottom for writing on might be overkill. I don't want to draw attention away from the design. I only ever see a big black bar like that in submissions for contests and things, I think it's pretty unnecessary in a portfolio site. I should probably go review how a bunch of other professionals do it.

I don't know if any of you know much about this, but if any of you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Teto likes this

Posted

I am of the "just sign it" opinion. Though, if you ever do get some form of logo, you should totes watermark your stuff.

Posted

Definitely. Most artists just come up with some quick little thing they can stick in the corner of their pieces somewhere, but most of the freelancers and workers I've spoken with all highly recommend adding your contact information to your work. Members of the industry might come across a piece of yours floating around on the internet somewhere, and someone might want to find your portfolio and see if you're worth hiring, but if you don't have any information on there then you're screwed. So I should probably stick something in there.

Posted

Well, if you have a website, you can stick your name and a url on your stuff.

Posted

Yeah. I'm just thinking about things like font, color, placement on the page, etc right now. Not really sure what I want to do here.