More fuel to this fire.

Posted

those boxers are unf

Posted

really good work, pheo <:

cherish my compliments I don't make them often okay >:

I mean this stuff is really really good and I am very impressed

there! I said it!

th-this doesn't mean I want you to draw more or anything though!!

Posted

Teto <3

GUESS WHO REALLY squidED UP THE SHAPE AND PERSPECTIVE AND FORM OF THE LEGS AND DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME TO FIX THEM

photoon20111017at0113.jpg

I don't wanna talk about it.

In other news, the dark part of the left arm is too dark.

Posted

Would you feel better if I said I thought you drew your boxers well?

Posted

You gave yourself to much in the muscle department, and your feet look HUGE

Posted

You gave yourself to much in the muscle department, and your feet look HUGE

Yes, thank you, I am aware of the feet size. That's what I get for drawing from a photo. In my defence I think they're still nicely rendered. Whats wrong with my muscles?

img6725c.jpg

I thought my muscles were pretty accurate here.

photoon20111017at0113.jpg

Posted

you have troll feet pheo :<

also I think the lengths of your calves are incongruent

Posted

Guys. I am completely aware that everything below my waist is the wrong shape. The calves are different lengths, and the feet are huge. If you haven't noticed, the thigh muscle on my right thigh is wrong, too. And the boxers came out short. However, I do not have time to go back and change it. This is due twenty four hours as of my writing, and I still don't have the hands or head in. Given that the assignment demanded having one hand, one foot, and one face in the picture, I can't elongate this properly. I have to turn it in with troll feet.

When I turn it in, my teacher is going to say the proportions are wrong but the rendering is nice. She's also going to say I'm spending too much time doing these. The lesson I will learn is "when forced to choose between finding a model and using a photo, always find a model. Maybe I'm sacrificing an interesting composition, but at least the quality will be better, and for a class as based solely on drawing from observation, that's probably what I should be worried about."

Posted

I've always found drawing from photo easier than a model. But I haven't had too many models.

Posted

Considering I've had plenty of time to do both, I can garuntee that unless I have a terrible model, drawing a model should yield a much more accurate result. A friend of mine has volunteered his services, which is fantastic because I'd be asking him to do it for free, and I'd be demanding a lot of him. But now I also don't need to go find a nice cheap model, so that's something.

I also am looking at how apparently, I can change the sizes of different parts of a picture and still render them properly. It gives me ideas for projects to do over christmas break. Hurray, surrealism!

Posted

Totally missing the all the fur, god. I'm not seeing any trace of beloved bear Pheo in that picture :<

No, but really, I really like it even with the troll feet and legs olol, it's very well done! good jobbb <3

Posted

Dude pheo you have an awesome serratus anterior muscle.

Posted

Pheo's feet make me think of hobbit feet. Do you have hairy feet pheo?