Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

the legs are off

Posted

the legs are off

Posted

I am pretty sure you guys are just trolling now. Unless it actually wasn't said previously and I was hallucinating.

Posted

I don't know why I didn't make a post? Probably because I was busy being dumb. Here's that finished product.

photoon20111020at0201.jpg

Surprise, the hand turned out too big. Head is pretty proportionate to the torso though, so that's something.

Everyone was somehow able to look past the poor proportions to enjoy the rendering. That's nice. I didn't exactly finish it, but the figure was done, so. Looking at this makes me think "Hey, what if in the future I warp the proportions on purpose?" I think I'll try some of that over christmas break. Anyways, I started the next assignment for that class yesterday, I'll post wips of it whenever.

On different topics, here's a shot of a recent 3D class project. The same class I made the McDonalds thing in. First, here's a shot of most of our assignments in a row.

photoon20111018at15322.jpg

They were dioramas. We had to build a 20x20 box and fill it with stuff that represented the horror side of chaos. Half the people basically just did a movie, in a box. Someone did a zombie version of Mulan Rouge, someone did a box for a nightmare before christmas, someone did a box for the Saw series(yes, this is the kind of class I have), et cetera. When I found out we were allowed to build things attached to the box, or outside of the box, I instead choose to make the box itself part of the project, instead of the thing holding it all together. And I took box very literally.

photoon20111018at1532.jpg

This is a bad shot, but it's Pandora's box. That guy is an imp who emerged from the box, hiding behind it, looking at the little fairy. In the original story, when the box was opened, all sorts of horrible things flew out, but pandora kept hope inside. So I just made a fairy as an anthropomorphic interpretation of hope, and an imp to represent one of the things that got out. It was well received. Maybe I'll post the sketchbook pages I had assigned to it? Idk.

photoon20111018at1345.jpg

This is a rough sketch of a dude from a class. I'm uploading this for comparison. I want to point out that I've gotten much better at accurately depicting figures since I first started this class. He's very correct, albeit very unfinished.

Posted

Alright, so now in Life drawing we're working additively instead of reductively. So here's my first ever attempt at cross hatching. Didn't go too well. Learning experience though.

photoon20111025at1339.jpg

And, here's the next big portrait! And, it's not me this time! I got a friend to pose for me! Isn't that exciting?!

photoon20111029at01092.jpg

BUT JUST WHO IS IT

Posted

I like that arm in tha tsecond one very much

Posted

I like that arm in tha tsecond one very much

Posted

Yesss pheo your art rocks ;;

You should break all your bones except your drawing arm and then draw yourself.

Posted

Do ho ho ho ho Teto, why do you like my art so much :(

photoon20111031at0001.jpg

His face is wider than it needs to be, and I haven't decided how I feel about his hair. Not happy about the fireman helmet on his crotch yet, either. But it's looking better. Someone tell me what you think this picture is about so far!

yaaay. Also, some of those dioramas were looking lame.

Yeah, not gonna lie there were some dumb ones.

Posted

I KNEW I MADE HIM LOOK LIKE BARRACK squid HOW DO I FIX HIS CHEEK HES NOT EVEN BLACK

Posted

wait he's no black

Posted

This is my friend who is a white guy I'm drawing, having a white light cast on him from behind in a dark room. That makes him look darker than he is, being highlighted from behind like that. Compare the shade of his skin in his face to mine in my self portraits, we're the same color.

Posted

draw him like one of your french girls pheo

Posted

draw him like one of your french girls pheo

Do so on the funeral ship

Posted

Alright guys. I'm going to make a quick dump here and then I'm going to make a larger dump talking about the day I had with art yesterday on Halloween, in the next post I make. But first, right now I'm going to just mention this thing I did here today in my art class. See, thursday instead of having class we're supposed to help our grad student teacher out with opening a gallery in downtown dekalb, and today was supposed to be a crit day, so instead we just worked on the projects we were supposed to have due today, and make some posters to put around the campus for the event. I spent maybe two hours filling up a page, and took some pictures. I thought I should show you guys, since everything I post here is the serious 25+ hour work I do for my classes.

The name of the show is "Monsters, Freaks, and Skulls," so I went with that theme. Here's the top of the poster:

photoon20111101at1738.jpg

And here's the bottom of the poster:

photoon20111101at17382.jpg

Hey! Who's that sneaking around in there!

I posted this in my dorm, and totally so a bunch of people looking at it. That means I did a good job!

Also, if and when we finally get around to making a video game AND I REALLY WANT TO DO THE ART FOR A VIDEO GAME HERE, this is probably what the art for it would look like. This kind of thing. Maybe.