Pheonix561's General Art Thread

502 posts in this topic

Posted

The top of my head is square like that just from the hair. I thought it was weird, too. Though, I did make the hair look kind of flat, so I'll need to go fix that texture up so it looks like hair that's actually doing that. My left cheekbone does need to come out farther and more pointed, yeah. I cannot decide if my face is too tall or not.

On the topic of the lighting and shading in the face, I didn't use any kind of dramatic lighting. The room was pretty well lit most of the time, and the only real light I had shining on me came from my laptop, which was behind me, so it was backlit. You see that on the side of my face. Next time I'll probably put some lights in more interesting places. Like directly under me.

Posted

Okay, I think I've got it. It's like your nose is too tall, so your mouth is too close to your chin. Does that help?

Posted

(For the record, I think your thing with the McDonald's containers is genius, even Jackson on his own)

Posted

Hey, so that self portrait. It was due today, and I did not touch it sunday or monday. I did none of the tweaking I suggested myself doing, and the latest picture I uploaded back there was the finished piece I turned in, here:

tnbxk.jpg

But! It didn't make a difference because it was so well done, and the teacher loved it. She thought my hair was great, and thought the right eye (my left in the picture) had some wonky perspective but was otherwise a great representation, and everyone was commenting on how it looked just like me, which is basically the best thing ever when self portraits are happening. The teacher even asked me if I was an illustration major! My status as an illustration major by next semester is all but certain.

I'm not saying this is perfect, because it's not. We all know that. But they still thought it was great, and if I'm going to flatter myself, I would say it was in the top three of our class.

In two weeks we have another one due, and where this one was specific to the face, that one will require us to do a full body shot. I have not decided on my composition, but I have decided that I will be wearing minimal clothes in it, and I will still be uploading the WIPs as I go. Be looking forward to my near naked body as I continue to push it into some semblance of accurate portrayal.

The final test: Seeing if facebook recognizes my face.

IT SAW MY FACE

I AM ART GOD

Posted

In two weeks we have another one due, and where this one was specific to the face, that one will require us to do a full body shot. I have not decided on my composition, but I have decided that I will be wearing minimal clothes in it, and I will still be uploading the WIPs as I go. Be looking forward to my near naked body as I continue to push it into some semblance of accurate portrayal.

this better mean navy blue and red plaid boxers

Posted

They will be black and white. You will not know the difference. I'll probably still wear pants, I have not decided.

Posted

Please keep your pants on :|

Posted

They will be black and white. You will not know the difference. I'll probably still wear pants, I have not decided.

tl;dr pheo is camera-shy

Posted

ARE YOU CHALLENGING ME

IS THAT A CHALLENGE

SO HELP ME GOD I WILL DRAW MY BUTTOCKS

I AM KING OF THE FORUMS

Posted

psh, if you were really king of the forums you could get one of your subjects to pose for you.

Posted

As much as drawing from a photo is a horrible idea, even moreso for a life drawing class, she said we were allowed to do it. If you want to pose, I will not stop you.

Posted

I certainly don't want to do it. My hair looks too funny right now!

Posted

nope

I'm probably even more camera shy

Posted

Yeah, and it's not like I can sit there telling you guys what pose to make, and where to have the light shining on you, and all that.

Posted

yeah you can--skype video call.