Werewolf Social | Be sure to announce activity issues here! "V/LA" i.e. vacation or limited activity!

177 posts in this topic

Posted

I really think that we ought to have a blacklist that lists people who have played that have been notably inactive. This blacklist would give the GM the right to not allow any of these players into their games if they wished.

Posted

the problem is that we have a small pool of hnetters to pull from, and of those, only a small group play werewolf, and among those people, an even /smaller/ amount of those players are actually active.

and i always have the hope that someone who is typically inactive will randomly show up /everyone/ by being stupidly overactive one of these games, regardless of alignment.

Posted

The problem is that it's not fair on everyone else. Say a townie is inactive. They end up getting lynched because of it and that helps the wolves for no real good reason. Same goes for wolves. It's not fair on the rest of the players, especially if it's an important role.

Saying we don't have that many players is true, but I think we have enough. I didn't even get into Teto's game because there wasn't enough room. Saha's game is fairly big for Werewolf.

Besides, it's not like you're banning them, it's just giving the GM the opportunity to refuse someone they feel could ruin their game by inactivity/dickery.

Posted

I guess you could say that and I wouldn't object to putting myself on a list saying so, but it's not like I don't post or contribute either. It just seems like I'm much more inactive than I really am because I can't make posts frequently when you guys are on, for obvious reasons.

Posted

16 or 17 is probably the ideal amount of players'

No offense, Ammonsa but you are kind of one of the inactive ones :(

In the two games I've been in with him, he'll tell us about his night and suspicions at least once per day phase. So we at least get an idea of how things went down.

I think the problem Ammonsa is talking about is when somebody signs up and then just forgets about the game. I think we can all agree that YHN got a pretty crucial town role and basically just wasted it by abandoning the game, which sucks big time for the town.

Posted

Yes. God he was a puppying SEER. I am so pissed at his laziness. Like puppy, it is midterms for me in college and I even found time to contribute something.

Saha says he used his ability but didn't tell us, because it was "too confusing"

laziness at its finest. This is a logic game, you are going to have to THINK and use your puppying brain

Posted

Because Werewolf is totally confusing. e_________e I don't understand what is exactly so confusing about the game at all?

I agree with Ammonsa's idea though, but I really wish more of the active people on this site who don't play Werewolf would at least try it out /once/. but they never listen to ads/leave the damn talk/anime thread, lol. :<

And tip for muffin: don't piss about if you don't want to play, ask to be modkilled/subbed out instead and not be a hindrance for the rest of us, thanks.

I'm starting to wonder whether the people who don't play think that this game requires more time than it actually does... ://// you don't need to like, post every hour or something fffffffffffff. Once a day? Like, it would take 10 mins to catch up/post. It's why I've never really understand the school excuse so lol.

Posted

This is my second time playing and it's going okay.

Posted

My first game, I was confused about it. It was a themed game that used items. So I can kind of understand how it's overwhelming.

I would not call us like "advanced players" but to outsiders/new people, it's probably kind of intimidating

I'm a new player. I am very intimidated.

jk but that's a solid point. I mean Saha's game wouldn't exactly be the best game to start on.

Posted

It'd probably help if people actually read the rules that get posted in every game thread though. It'd probably lessen the confusion. so difficult

Posted

we need, like, a rules crash-course version. if you understand the general idea going in, the nitty gritty rules posted with every game are less confusing.

Posted

I really think that we ought to have a blacklist that lists people who have played that have been notably inactive. This blacklist would give the GM the right to not allow any of these players into their games if they wished.

GMs already have this right. They can allow or disallow anyone from their game. What a list would do is give the GM easy justification ("You're on the list, sorry") which is entirely unnecessary. GMs should write a game and then get a player list they're comfortable with, as well as one or more replacements to replace in when players find themselves in unexpected bouts of inactivity. GMs also shouldn't be afraid to modkill inactive players if it's necessary, after messages and notices of inactivity i.e. prods. (Notice that the rules provide for this, and that the rankings stipulate that modkills and poor play result in demerits.) If the GM finds it hard to modkill, then alternatively they should consider running a setup with a town killing role who can default to shooting inactives, but that's a poor solution.

Also,

Saha, the forum used to have an option to display more than 10 posts per page -- does this not exist anymore? Also we need more than 5 quotes per post.

Posted

j

j

j

j

j

j

Quote limit was set to like 20 a couple months ago after I asked Tappy to make the quote limit not 5.

Also, I have 10 posts per page? I set it to that a long time ago, so I don't remember where I set it or if it's default or not, or maybe even that the way you change it has been changed by forum upgrades. So idk.

Sahaqiel

Posted

My computers down right now, so I'll have limited access for the next few days. Hopefully I'll have it back next week and be able to participate by the end of the next day phase

Posted

The default was 10 ppp but you could change it -- this option seems to have disappeared which is a horrible thing when it comes to playing Werewolf. If you could ask Tappy about it, that would rock.