Skyler's Art Fart

334 posts in this topic

Posted

@Necro- cool thanks. Ill probably hit you up when/if i flesh out my idea a bit

@LL- Yeah but youre in art school so you still have a +5 on our rivalry lol

Posted

So I had some ideas

The people live peacefully in a small town. There are no races or gender, so racism and sexism isnt a thing. Everything is cool, aside from small amounts of drama. Some townsfolk clash with each other, but nothing serious, really. There are no real problems.

Then one day, a man comes to town to sell his beliefs and ideology to the people in the form of a church called "Ninden." Except the church isnt a place of worship or meditation and prayer, but rather a store. People are told that they can sells bits of their happiness to buy useless junk. Like, not food or living supplies, but literally useless junk. Everyone loves this new concept because by owning junk, they can now compare their lives to their neighbor's. Some junk cost a little, Some junk cost a lot. This creates a class system among the once simple folk. Suddenly, people can be considered rich and poor. 

The protagonist (havent decided on a name yet, maybe something starting with a "T")

Green_zpse1bbb7b2.png

is the only one not buying this new faith. He's* the only one who remembers that the people were happy before Ninden. This new concept is horse shit and only causing trouble. But the other folk are so wrapped up in buying junk that they wont listen to him. So he goes to confront the salesman himself. 

*stuff happens* (not sure how much detail i wanna give away about this part, mainly cause im still working on it)

He* learns that Ninden, although new to his town, has been spreading across the land, consuming lives and stealing happiness. The happiness is being collected for a grander scheme, and the protagonist must find allies in his quest to destroy Ninden before it destroys them. 

---

Damn, it sounds a lot more political once i actually read my thoughts. Maybe thats not a bad thing? Who cares.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

Ah, has this just evolved into a story?

Posted

Hmmm. I dunno. Is that too much of a premise for a game?

Posted

Well, its sort of theming around a central character, but with an RPG you're probably going to have many

Posted

Well that was just the intro part. Like uh, level one? act one? I unno. I'm thinking no more than 4 central characters though. A party of 4.

Posted

made this for my tumblr blog

PrettyBitch_zps6ecd352f.png

got a new layout!

bloglayout_zps6caa3f58.png

feels good

Posted

tumblr_n7chtcp14W1qft31ko1_1280.png

some ideas that weren’t coming together. But i plan to revisit them soon.

Posted

more lazy sketch. but at least this one has some color.

tumblr_n7heedgfu51qft31ko1_r1_1280.png

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

my friend and i are starting a Nintendo themed tumblr blog together as co-admins. I snagged a great URL too!

http://thesmashbrothers.tumblr.com/

there is nothing on it yet, but i made a cool avatar for it. Gonna do a bit more art for it after i decide on a layout. Please follow it, if you have a tumblr. we'd really appreciate it!

marioicon_zps03f3617b.png

Posted

again, for my blog.

tumblr_n8b4m8FkGH1tgnquio1_1280.png

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I love smash brathers..

But no I like it

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

Yeah the O is kinda weird. I'll probs use a different font next time.

Posted

Why not just use the font they use for the game themselves?