Skyler's Art Fart

334 posts in this topic

Posted

So i finished the lines for it. This image is reduced in size by 50%, but i have the full size file as well, but the finished piece will be this size. I've read that a lot of digital artists work big and then reduce their art size significantly to make their lines sharper and to hide any mistakes that they havent noticed, etc. Though, from what I've read, most of them work at 400% instead of just 200%, but since this was originally a scanned, traditional piece, it was too difficult to work with at 400% (200% of the original piece, 400% of the finished piece) Anyways, as you can see, there is no text. I wanna use an original font for this and future comics. Since im collaborating with my friend, and his hand writing is nicer than mine (when he actually tries) im gonna see if he wants to make the font. The reason i've posted this before it's colored is that my friend and I are gonna color it separately, as in, im giving him the file to color by himself while i do the same. Im awful at coloring, and although he isnt a visual artist, he took graphic design courses in college so he probably has a few tricks up his sleeve that i dont know about. Honestly though, once we compare the two colored pieces, we'll probably end up making a third piece that combines the best of our coloring styles. This is all a practice comic, so we can get in the groove as well as learn to work with each other. We've been very close friends for just over 6 years now, but we've never actually sat down and worked on something like this together. Well we have but we always get stoopid high and it doesnt work. But this time we got the appropriate amount of high lol. Also, ive recently started taking Vyvanse, which is like super Adderall minus the speed. Ive never been able to focus this well before! Not only is my art not frustrating me, i finished this and the pictures in the posts above and probably half the time it would normally take me. Ah man, life is good right now.   

ASweetSurpriseLinesOnly50_zps9f4864ec.pn

Tell me what you think, please.

Teto and Knuckle like this

Posted

I like it, it could have been a 4 panel comic but 5 makes it more interesting, somehow. Why does everyone like 4 panel comics anyway.

But I digress, I like it though maybe it could have more dialogue.

Posted

But I digress, I like it though maybe it could have more dialogue.

did you jux not read my post at all haha

thanks though

Posted

ahahaha is that one of those D.A.R.E. t-shirts? Nice touch :D

PrimaGaga and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

lol yep. thanks.

Posted

Sorry for the horrible scans, I didn't want to remove it from my sketch book. Not yet at least. Anyways, Kasie/Compulsia recently commissioned me for some art for her soon-to-be gaming YouTube channel. She needs an avatar and a banner, but I'm also guessing that she'll eventually need art for the individual series thumbnails. If you follow any "Let's Play"ers, you probably know what I mean. So hopefully this will be a semi-regular thing. If so, she's my friend so I'm not gonna charge her too much, just enough to make it worth it. Haha, but I'm getting WAY a head of myself. She's got to like the art first. We haven't had much time to discuss the details of what she wants, so I figured I'd do some rough sketches to give her an idea of what stuff might look like, and also for practice. She likes disgustingly cute *kawaii* stuff, so I did my best to put that into my work, without throwing up. Haha- Anyways, she hasn't had the chance to see this yet but i hope she likes the style! What do you guys think?

KasieSketches_zpsb5acd999.png

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

High School Student by day, Internet Cult Leader by night.

tumblr_nask51YfSR1qft31ko1_500.png

(this is from a really ugly angle, but to take the photo from a proper angle would've left a shadow over it. Ugh)

SilverAlchemic and Sayubie like this

Posted

Another WIP. Gonna look up some coloring tutorials and tips for this one.

UsagiClubLines_zps5726796f.png

"Usagi Club"

A group of friends get involved in an internet cult out of interest and an attempt to expose it's fraudulence. However, things take a turn for the worse when Usagi, the mysterious cult leader, appears and demands the teens to prove their loyalty.

Something I'd like to implement into the story is the "Paranet" which is like the deep web, but for paranormal stuff instead of just illegal stuff.

Posted

They use likes for money in the Paranet

PrimaGaga likes this

Posted

lol

Posted

Club Usagi is always looking for new members!

tumblr_naunm1vhkH1qft31ko1_1280.jpg

Posted

I want to redraw this^ but more dynamically and with a better arm lol. I havent enjoyed drawing this much in years. 

Sahaqiel likes this