Skyler's Art Fart

334 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_mi6sf0LoGC1qft31ko1_500.jpg

Posted

had to do some anatomy mangling for that ass shot I see

or is that his power

Posted

I was going for more of a loose, almost abstract style.

Posted

tumblr_mi8xueBA9s1qft31ko1_500.jpg

LL gave me an assignment to draw a simple 5 panel comic. It didn’t havta make sense or serve a purpose other than practice. So here it is! (Based off my Battle Critters doodles)

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

the bear has six teeth in the fourth panel and seven in the last one

Posted

Um, yeah? because sometimes you open your mouth wider than other times. So like, you show more teeth?

Also, i mean it's a doodle?

Posted

I was joking lol. Being over serious and critical, etc. It's p. cool. (:

I almost feel bad because Rockefella looks like he's crying.

But yeah probably gonna' visit this thread more just saying.

Posted

I was joking lol. Being over serious and critical, etc. It's p. cool. (:

I almost feel bad because Rockefella looks like he's crying.

But yeah probably gonna' visit this thread more just saying.

Oh lol. Thanks I hope to have more doodles, and actual art, soon. :>

I think in the first four panels, using the same front-facing, knee-high shots of both guys looks weird. Like it doesn't establish a surrounding or distance or anything when the "camera" jumps from one person straight-on and then to another person straight-on. Maybe try putting ground between the two people and/or showing how to they relate to each other distance-wise or location-wise. Maybe not even in every panel. Maybe just the first one?

Your probably right. I'll try some different methods next time. It's just really difficult drawing comics on basic printer sized paper. Maybe I'll try it digitally next go.

Posted

You could have melded the first two and next two panels into one (the picture won't load on this computer so I don't actually know about the 3rd and 4th ones, I'm just going from memory), but then it would only be three panels.

Maybe that's where the problem is; you inadvertently cut corners.

Posted

Well LL told me to do 5 panels specifically. I'm gonna try this again, but maybe by a slightly different set of rules this time.

Posted

Skyler, have you considered doing an hourly comics day? I'm in the middle of one right now. You've probably seen other webcomic artists doing it, like awkward zombie or nedroid(it started with pictures for sad children), where they do one two-panel comic an hour all day they're awake. It's easy, and It's a great way to discipline yourself into drawing more comics, which is why I'm doing it right now (I'll hopefully upload the results tomorrow). It's lots of fun, too! In fact, doing it this way kind of shows you how to get away with drawing while you're doing other things, like eating, or maybe if you're at work and you have nothing to do for half-hours at a time?

Posted

Yeah i've always considered doing one of those. Never been too motivated though. I'll try it on a slightly more eventful day. I mean these days im either on the computer or smoking on a couch, so the it'd be redrawing the same panels every hour haha.

i really appreciate all this feedback though. Thanks guys.

Posted

Just another Battle Critters doodle. This guy is the mysterious rival type character. He has cold themed critters, obviously. He doesn't have a name yet.

tumblr_mia6hlGsao1qft31ko1_500.jpg

Posted

Cole isnt a bad name. Gosh I just really like drawing Battle Critters. I really love monsters with stupid designs.

Posted

Role with it, dude! Think maybe you can mix your succubus idea in with this?