Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

awwyeeaah Meta Knight banned from Brawl Tournaments as of January 9th, 2012

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I always hated Falco more than Meta Knight personally. Stupid stunning lasergun :(

Also, I loooved using Marth since he had more power at the tip of his blade, so you got to keep your distance a bit.

Posted

Only I would be bad enough at Brawl to make Meta Knight COMPLETELY USELESS in my hands.

Posted

I'd be up for Brawl, if I had your friend codes. :( Anyways, I main Pit and link, and sometimes Donkey Kong.

Posted

Bleh, I never used Meta. I always stick with Pikachu, Mario, Toon Link, or Lucario. In that order :)

Posted

I never use Meta either, I usually go with Zelda, Link, or Ganondorf, depending if I want to have fun or play seriously

Posted

My best was Pikachu, then Falco. I started to like Zero Suit Samus and Wario, though.

Meta Knight is not fun to play against.

But who cares

I beat That1Guy, Pheo and Sahaqiel at Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted

If Metaknight was really as strong as you all say he is, it wouldn't matter if he was banned or not. No one can stop him from being at a tournament if he can't be beat.

Point is. Metaknight does what he wants, when he wants.

Posted

[quote name='Rika Code' timestamp='1318138571' post='364380']
I never use Meta either, I usually go with Zelda, Link, or Ganondorf, depending if I want to have fun or play seriously
[/quote]

lol

[quote name='darkLinkofHryule88' timestamp='1318142690' post='364385']I beat That1Guy, Pheo and Sahaqiel at Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee[/quote]

We didn't fight against each other when you were here. ):
why are you trying to make me look bad
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Rika Code' timestamp='1318138571' post='364380']
[/quote]
You better mean this as playing Zelda and Link when you seriously want to lose or you want to have fun with Ganondorf's Left/Right+B attack off the edge of the map.

I love Ganondorf's Left/Right+B. Especially when I'm off the edge of the map. And taking someone with me.

Posted

Zelda's actually p. OP sometimes, so I can excuse her. On flat stages, she's around middle tier, as per the Japon tier list.

Link and Ganny are literally some of the worst people to play with. :< Especially Ganny. Why does Ganny even exist? Though I have seen some pretty scary Ganondorf players. They abuse the side B a lot, but they're playing with Ganondorf Tier, so I let it slide.

Link, y u so heavy. y ur attacks so slow. y no R cancel with down air.
y suck?
Still, I got a 7% KO on one of the best Marths in Gamebattles by firing an arrow into his foot on Final Destination. He got caught in the lip and SD'd. It was amusing. I don't think I'll ever get that lucky again.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I actually prefer Brawl over Melee :c But everyone prefers Melee apparently? I went to my friend's flat yesterday night and we like, played Melee for yonks and like, it was fun! But idk I just enjoy all the stuff like stages, characters, items, controls etc etc more in Brawl, so :/ I shall never understand this.

I don't find Link that bad to control, but Ganny is terrible haha yyyeah. I wish he wasn't a blatant Captain Falcon clone sometimes.

peach still has the best taunts.

Posted

oh man i forgot you said you were going to make this thread

we were never good with meta knight. we were just too good to be able to play bad

Posted

Ganondorf's sword opened up capabilities for him being so much more original as a character. :< He could have, at the very least, been an Ike clone. but nop. Got 2 have slomo Captain Falcon.
And it's not that his control is bad, it's that he is so easy to destroy when playing competetively.
it is sad.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' timestamp='1318178935' post='364417']
Ganondorf's sword opened up capabilities for him being so much more original as a character. :< He could have, at the very least, been an Ike clone. but nop. Got 2 have slomo Captain Falcon.
[/quote]

I have said this so many times. There's probably a mod for it out there already or something.

I actually remember way back in the day when Saha and I were both rapscallions in Mr Wilson's music class, eagerly watching the development of Brawl, eagerly waiting for it's release. I remember seeing meta knight announced, and being a kirby fan, getting really excited. I especially remember saying "Yeah, I think I'd like to use meta knight! He's got a counter ability, and I really love those abilities. Like with Mario's cape in Melee, it's such a useful move. I think I'll try getting good with meta knight," etc.

Then the game came out and I thought it was a dumb game.

And then tournaments happened and it turned out Meta Knight was broken and if I didn't decide it was a dumb game maybe I would have been a dick with meta knight.

I still think that's funny.

[quote name='darkLinkofHryule88' timestamp='1318142690' post='364385']
beat That1Guy, Pheo and Sahaqiel at Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[/quote]

Hey. You and I both know that match didn't count, and I'm still waiting for a rematch.

Posted

I was surprised at how much Brawl or Melee did not take place in between everyone and I at that con.
It saddens me.
Sahaqiel