Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shin Megami Tensei General

34 posts in this topic

Posted

So, since my status post was SO INCREDIBLY POPULAR, there definitely needs to be a stable thread about Shin Megami Tensei in general, because all of you love it and yes. I decided to make this here thread to discuss the wonderous series that Atlus has created for us to play for hours on end or at least hours in total.

Let's begin with people talking about games they're playing/hope to play/looking forward to.

I'm playing Strange Journey, P3P, and the original Shin Megami Tensei ported to the SNES with a patch so I can read the moontext.

Strange Journey is on indefinite hold until I can muster up the courage to finally finish it after all these awful things that have happened.

P3P, I'm playing with a New Game+ file as a female which is fun with all of this money that I have and all the items I already have.

Shin Megami Tensei is crazy, the SNES one, I mean. I took one step out of my house and two demons attacked. I had no weapons or armor and died. What. WHAT? Seriously, I didn't even know I could even get attacked there.

Anyway, enough of my meaningless talk, you guys like to talk to each other more, so do so. I hope this thread stays alive.

Posted

957961-mara.jpg

Posted

Still need to get through Persona 3 Portable >:

Posted

Pheonix, this is a discussion thread, not the picture thread. I advise you to not post in this thread until you actually have an interest in playing a Shin Megami Tensei thread instead of being a dick.

Also, Teto, y stop play P3P??

Posted

life happen

other game happen

p3p not happen

but make p3p happen

other game not happen

life cease speed of happen

Posted

lol

Anyway, this whole New Game+ with all of these items that I already have and all of this money that I already have is soooooooo much better.

Posted

i played devil survivor, accidentally missed black frost, which makes me sad

Posted

<3 muffin

We all know about my huge love for Persona 3 and 4, lol. They're just such amazing games everyone must get them ;; preferably Persona 3 Portable and Persona 4: The Golden (when that gets released, original is fine for now) because they are/will be the better versions. I prefer P4 to P3 though, so excited for Golden!!! Even if it requires a Vita!!! <3333

I've played both Nocturne (Lucifer's Call in Europe) and Strange Journey and they are terribly difficulttttt >: Died as soon as I beat Forneus in Nocturne and was just atrocious at Strange Journey, I kept asking a demon to join me and he kept going NO squid YOU and killed me, lol. Then I lost any will to ever play these games again. Woe is me. I think I'll re-attempt Strange Journey sometime soon, isntead of being a good student idk.

I want to play more games in this series, so does anyone have like, recommended games for me to play and do horribly on? Also it'd help if there was a European version too lol.

Posted

OH, MAN, GOTCHU COVERED. EKK2f.jpg

Look at this boss recommendation picture. Got damn, it's so beautiful. Seems that Devil Survivor was never released in Europe. :<

Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 have been released in Europe, though!! The first Devil Summoner, Raidou vs. Soulless Army is out in Europe but, not the sequel.

Posted

I was thinking about running the original SMT on my emulator but never got around to it. Dunno if anyone wants to recommend the game to me since that pic Muffin posted makes the game sound kinda crummy.

Posted

fffffffff PS2. I'll have to wait until I get time to stay home longer than four days to play it :< Lol December. But ya looks like I'm buying Digital Devil Saga 1 thennnnnnnnnnnnnn. Sequel if I enjoy the first one greatly!

Iiiii suppose I could import Devil Survivor, since I actually have a DS on hand. I'll need to check up on that.

Lol @ Persona 1 description.

Posted

I want to play Devil Summoner just because the cover art looks so badass. And the main character looks like a Nazi. With a sword. And fighting for the good of mankind.

DSRKCoverArt.png

Also, Rasputin.

Posted

Hmmm, that list is missing a few games (plus Persona 1 was fun :<)

SMT:if...

Though there is a persona 1, this is actually the first persona game. Unlike the other persona games, you recieve your persona when you die, and each time you die your persona changes. The longer you go without dieing, the stronger persona you will get. One day, your school is suddenly engulfed into another dimension filled with demons! Can you find the way out and keep your schoolmates safe, or are you destined to become demon feed?

Very hard

SMT:III

I recommend that if you plan to play devil summoner, to at least look at the storyline of this. Since devil summoner is a sequel... er prequel....or whatever (STUPID TIME TRAVELING STUNTS WHY DO YOU MAKE THIS SO HARD :<)

add more later, but I do not feel like it right now

Posted

That list has Nocturne on it, if that's what you mean by "SMT:III", it even gives it a great opinion. And Cascade has already played it. For a little bit. Then she lost.

Anyway, I want to agree on the if... recommendation just because of the boss character designs and the story that sounds lol. A bullied high school student gets transported into demon world and apparently has the power to become it's king and lord and all-powerful being and a bunch of high school students have to stop him? Awesome.

If-group.jpg

SMTif-Anniversary_Cover.jpg

Take your pick. Personally, I like both of them. Atlus has the weirdest of art styles in all three of its forms, or at least the three forms I've seen them take. Five o clock shadow on every character being the least weird. Everything being metal being the best. Old and detailed being pretty cool.

Actually, I haven't seen all their art styles and I forgot a few. Namely, Devil Survivor 2's in-game art. Gravity-defying boobs. http://www.dualshockers.com/2011/05/14/devil-survivor-2-character-designs-revealed-let-the-theorizing-begin/ That link has all the mugshots with all the gravity-defying logic.

Posted

Oops, sorry I always think that there is a game between the one I was talking about, but I meant SMT:II

Oh and fun fact: Shin Megami Tensei translates too True Goddess Reincarnation, yet there been an actual "goddess" prominent in any of the games

And Nocturne is one of the few SMT games I cannot place on the time tree for specific reasons, but I do not want to spoil anything

and a side note:

SMT:if... the female storyline is cannon since the character actually appears in persona 1, supporting that If... is the first in the persona series (she praticly acknowledges it too by saying something like "seems like this is happening to me again, but it is your turn now" and other students talking about her being able to name every demon and the history surrounding them)