Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shin Megami Tensei General

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Strange Journey's final boss is a female and created the world that holds all the demons that are currently destroying the earth in the game.

Mother_Mem_Aleph.jpg

I like pictures.

Posted

Well, I have just been corrected

Also the fact that this "goddess" made an appearance in one of the only SMT games that wasn't on my "To research or play" list, makes me sad (just my luck lol)

Posted

Wait, isn't persona 4's final boss

The goddess Izanami?

Posted

Lol, but she really has nothing to do with reincarnation, so I highly doubt that she would be the titled goddess, plus she is less prominent during the story, while the big shots in other SMT games are more (Like God, Lucifer, and Satan)

But I am going to research Strange Journey, just to see if this could be the title goddess

On the note of Persona, who thinks Philemon needs to be at least mentioned in newer persona games?

Btw Muff, if she is Echidna, than she is not the title goddess (but she is an important figure in the SMT series, especially in SMT:I, but she hardly qualifies)

Posted

I don't even know what this "title goddess" means. : (

She's an important figure in the game and the main antagonist of the whole thing. She's the creator of the Schwarzwelt. From what I've gathered from Persona 4, the final boss of that doesn't matter. Another character is the mastermind. Yet, Mem Aleph is the obvious antagonist in Strange Journey. Well, after you get past Eridanus, which is gigantic by the way. Just saying.

Posted

I don't know why you ended with "Kaz", it seems like you already know the artist if you're ending it with that but, http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Kazuma_Kaneko

He's the person behind all of the demon designs, character designs, and all the amazing art we see in all the games.

Posted

He got it from the bottom right corner, where artists sign their names

Posted

o lol.

Well, there ya go. I guess he didn't know it was official art, then? Maybe.

Posted

Well he signs all of his works

Also there is a SMT MMO (SMT:IMAGINE) that I am going to try out (I pray that my laptop can take it)

Posted

So, I just got these "Battle Panties". And then I found another pair in a chest just as I get into Block 2.

Can't wait for Mitsuru to join the fight.

Posted

my+reaction+to+the+persona+4+anime+_595cc114f7274dcdb336d10522089738.jpg

Posted

Nice broken image there, bud. To make up for your loserness:

TBhUZ.jpg

Posted

I will forever post broken images, it is me and I am it.

363px-Image_234.png

For the sake of keeping this from becoming an image thread, I'm thinking about getting Digital Devil Saga 1. Anybody here interested in also acquiring it for a joint playthrough?

Could also go for Nocturne, or for Persona 2, which is sitting on my shelf. (Or Persona 1, but who the hell am I going to convince to play that.)

Posted

For the sake of keeping this from becoming an image thread, I'm thinking about getting Digital Devil Saga 1. Anybody here interested in also acquiring it for a joint playthrough?

Could also go for Nocturne, or for Persona 2, which is sitting on my shelf. (Or Persona 1, but who the hell am I going to convince to play that.)

Earthy had persona 1 and 2 on psp, which shes working through.....starting with 1. shes a decent part through it, too....probably. were not really sure, and with shin megami tensei games, you cant really tell. she also tried the mmo, but was basically confused for several hours....that was before any other shin megami tensei game, though. she says the stat system is really whacked out, and there arent any strict classes, etc etc.

ive only beaten devil survivor, and i have strange journey, though i havent managed to get into it as much....i miss my teammates, and the art style. i just cant get into all this gasmask business, paying to heal/grind, and just....urgh. ill most likely be getting a psp for xmas, so ill probably be borrowing earthys games after shes beaten them, or maybe even getting my own copies (le gasp!) so hopefully ill be able to get the shin megami games that are more what i like.

also, devil survivor 2 is out in japan. sweet jeegus i hope that thing gets ported. OH WAIT.

Posted

paying to heal/grind,

>Grinding

>Shin Megami Tensei