Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

two questions for you

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there I am new. But skipping that I want to ask you two questions

1. What are the three main reasons you play Zelda?

and

2. What quote would you use to sum up everything that is Zelda? (it took me awhile to phrase this question...I still don't like it)

My answer to number one

1. the epic story

2. amazing gameplay

3. awesome music (Song of Storms is my favorite)

Posted

I play it because it's something to do. Also, I like Zelda's hat. It's all green and floppy and cute.

Posted

Haha yeah that hat is adorable. I want it

Posted

Zelda needs to stop wearing so much green all the time though. I mean, for reals. He should get a new wardrobe for that new game, SkySword.

Posted

You're such a cutie, my hipster neighbor.

Posted

But it's his signature look.

Posted

Also, what's up with his name? Zelda is a girl's name. Why would Capcom give him a girl's name??

Posted

Phanny you're only trolling yourself

Posted

^I agree with this wholeheartedly

Except now we're on a new page and that up arrow has no significance.

It's actually a downward and slightly pointing away in the z-axis type direction

Except now we're on a new page and that up arrow has no significance.

It's actually a downward and slightly pointing away in the z-axis type direction

^oh man this post is quoting itself

Posted

A sense of accomplishment (every game is in itself a very epic, long game), replayability (you can go for a no-death game, collect all the powerups, etc), and the music (which i love teaching myself to play on the piano)

2. What quote would you use to sum up everything that is Zelda?

A beautifully scored, well-crafted video game canon that draws from Japanese culture to create a unique experience for every gamer.

Posted

It took 10 replies just for someone to answer the topic :D

Posted

Ya know, Panda, that's my favorite thing about the Zelda games as well.

Posted

To be honest I have never really tried to gather three reasons even though probably I have been giving similar reasons when I answer why I like the saga. Therefore I will try to go back to that and why I liked the first game I played to give some sort of answer...

A> Zelda Universe

I really liked to learn the game got its own beliefs. It is a Kingdom, it has their myths and their version of how their place came to be, they got the three Goddess, different races and landscapes. Some things remain as part of the 'culture' through different games.

B> The Characters

Zelda Stories are not deep plots filled with twists, but it doesn't mean you won't enjoy unravelling them and rooting for Links objectives. While Link serves as an avatar he still shows glimpse to his feelings and like a good book we feel things from his perspective, we relate because it makes sense to us because given the circumstances that is the natural reaction. The games I've enjoyed most are because of the characters that have some deep, it may be because of their past or simply because they have some charm. In MM I wanted to help many of them and many I will remember for years to come. In Windwaker I also remember other characters that marked the story for me.

C> It makes me feel good

I don't know if it is the satisfaction of beating it, the funny quotes or cinemas you sometime finds or those bitter-sweet moments. I just know that so far I have liked the past Zelda games I have encountered so I have no had a game taht has disappointed me badly like to feel hesitant to trust in the franchise to spend my money and it expecting to feel it was worth after playing it. I enjoy playing it.

2. What quote would you use to sum up everything that is Zelda?

I have no idea, for starters I am very bad when it comes to keep things short and straight to the point.

So.. I'll quote someone else instead:

"The thing that we think is valued the most in the Zelda series is that the player isn't just playing a game. The player is in that world and part of that adventure and using their own abilities to solve the puzzles and fight the enemies that are there"

Source: QJ.net

Okay, I'll try. Zelda is creativity, adventure and strong bonds. =P