I don't give a shit about your "don't ask"

Posted

probably because of monty python and the holy grail

Posted

I'm MaskofTruth, also known as "The Cockripper", but more famously as "Myatt."

Posted

we could just invite them to the HyruleDotNet steam group

Posted

Yeah, the Hnet steam group. I'm gonna update the original thread later with people who regularly play, and the classes they typically play as, for reference.

Posted

Well first of all, http://www.teamfortress.com/manniversary/ Tappy linked this.

Second of all, why are two of the custom hats made by Pony fans?

This does make me want to not be F2P, though. I think I might try it out now that I have a way to pay for things online.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Guys. Loadout Presets. I was just sitting there, not two days ago, thinking "Gosh, It sure is a bitch spending the time it takes swapping between sniper weapons to adapt to the battlefield. Why aren't there any loadout presets?" And now, there's loadout presets. Thanks Valve, for reading my mind. And yet, why did it take you so long to figure out presets was a good idea?

Saha, are you learning anything about 3D modeling yet? Some of this looks like it could be fun, and I wouldn't mind painting my "The Lonely Dragon" Grenade Launcher to live up to it's name.

Posted

guys last night was silly and fun

Posted

We should all dance again. :>

Posted

Yeah, it was fun. Also, this thread has one member and twenty six guests as I'm posting this. Holy shit.

Anyways, I take screen shots while we play, if you didn't know. Here's a couple that I took from over a month ago.

screenshot20110920at815.png

Usually in TF2, Ganny and I are rivals, constantly killing each other, rarely dominating the other for long, accumulating points at almost the exact same rate. But this was one of those games where that was just not the case.

screenshot20110928at110.png

This was from one of Sayuri's very first games, and I think her very first time playing as a scout, in which she somehow managed to squidding crucify herself by the balls like thirty feet above the point she was supposed to be capping. Sayuri, what the squid.

screenshot20110929at606.png

This was one of those times when Ganny and I work together. I have more points than him for some reason, but that's not important. I fondly recall this game of dustbowl often, so I'll talk about it here.

The first game was me vs. Ganny, with me attacking and him defending. Our team swept him instantly, and capped both points in under two minutes. I believe I only died once between those two points. We capped the third point in less than a minute, and rushed to cap the fourth. I ran along the right hall that engies love to nest in, and exited on the second floor of the building in the middle. I emerged opposite the fourth point, where red engies love to nest in between, and dispatched a small nest quickly. I jumped on the point to capture it when I was fire axed by a pyro. I remember this in detail because I later saved it in a replay.

I mention all of this because as soon as I died, I was autobalanced. I had just taken out my own engie nest. The fourth point was capped before I could respawn, and all that was left between point five and six was me, Ganny, and a band of misfits against an entire regiment of storm troopers.

Point five was lost almost as quickly as the other four had been lost. There was only me, Ganny, and two other guys to defend it. The other four members of our team were weak. This game was four on Ten. How long could four against ten hold out?

As soon as I spawned, Ganny and I were already being rushed at point six, the point dangerously close to being capped. He spawned heavy instead of spy, and I went for my typical demo as we cleared the point of all blues, with eighty percent of the point captured. We barely had time to do anything when they already somehow regrouped and restarted their assault. I emptied my grenade launcher and sticky launcher into them, and didn't stop to reload. I grabbed my bottle and beat a soldier to death. We stopped a second wave, when they had already started to regroup again.

"WE HAVE TO DO THIS FOR TWENTY TWO MINUTES" Shouted Ganny!

"BALLS OF WROUGHT IRON, MIXO!

BALLS OF WROUGHT IRON!" I shouted in response!

How long could four against ten hold out? The answer was eleven minutes.

For eleven minutes, me, Ganny, and two brave souls fought off an onslaught of blues. It took two heavies and two medics being buffed by a battalion's back up black box soldier to stop us, with a rain of demos from behind them. I cannot think of a game I have played more valiantly.

Ganny, of certified wrought iron balls, I am so proud to call you my rival and wingman.

Posted

I still think TF2 Saturday Night should still be a thing, and replace Anime Night because let's face it, more people would likely join in on brutally murdering each other rather than watch shiny anime. Imagine, a 24 player game with just people from Hnet. oh man that would be the best thing everrrrrrr <3 this is suddenly my new goal in life.

Oh, and I've grown very accustomed to Engineer now :> 20 kills with one sentry is my personal best!!! Oh, and that one time where me and my sentry dominated the entire capture the flag game on, ummm, Sawmill? That was p. fun.

I'm planning on playing the other classes more, as much as I love engie and pyro, I play them too much and hey, it'd fun getting achievements with other classes I guess???

oh, and I hate the degreaser/axtinguisher or w/e combination btw, gimme some easy-as-squid backburners instead <3

ugh if I can ever figure out screenshots, I'll start taking them and posting them, for necessary gloating purposes of course! Only I MAY gloat! Anyone else who does it will anger me greatly. As seen tonight sorryyyyyyyyyyy guys for getting so worked up at you I really need to stop taking this game so seriously... :x

Posted

I wish my laptop could handle it better :/

I put every setting on the lowest (But not resolution. 640x480 Is just no. 800x600 is bad enough), but it doesn't help much. The game just lags constantly. I can't even move well, running into staircases sideways and crud. It's like it's only refreshed every second, and I have to play based on sound and screenshots :<

Either way, it is a fun game. I've been able to actually play it normally on the Xbox, but nobody here does that, so :<

SniperSniperSniper

Posted

oh wait squid i posted in the wrong thread i meant to post in ganny's thread