Team Fortress 2

311 posts in this topic

Posted

Though you can pick up pyro or soldier or demo fairly easily, I've noticed the difference between between great players and ok players is massive. Sure, you can think you're hot stuff getting all dem soldier kills. Then a soldier on the other team comes and aerials or juggles you and you realise your tactics are extremely amateurish.

Also, pyro. Pyro annoys me almost as much as sniper or spy because of the number of...horrible pyros. But at least they can still be of some value I guess.

I just hate backburner and phlog pyros in general. Especially backburner. It's so easily countered and yet they feel it's the only way to play. But if I played backburner these days I'd never get any of dem sweet airblasted crockets. Or dem puff and stings. So sweet.

And yeah putting out your teammates is vitally important. Absolutely a must, I can't stand pyros who don't do that.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

So they added the Phlogistinator, to encourage pyros to airblast their teammates more.

Posted

hey i've had the game since before the updates, i worked hard for my backburner i will use it all i want lol XD

Posted

Oh my good golly gosh I love the phlognostinator. Not using it, because that's such a horrible idea all around. But as a demo main, pyros and scouts are my number one enemy. The only way to really fight off versatile classes like those is to use your area denial stickies, which can get help get rid of scouts if you're not in the middle of a big flat area. But Pyros can so easily airblast those things into you when they're closing the distance between you two, and they're so good at sidestepping your pills. That's why I love the phlog, because they can't airblast whatsoever. Sometimes they just stand there, panicking, when you surround them with stickies. Coming across a taunting phlog is just as exciting as coming across an eating heavy, because you can just pummel them with stickies, robbing them of their second chance. It's always lovely.

Posted

yeah the phlog sounds pretty awful

i am an awful pyro anyway

Posted

When they stand there taunting, I walk up behind them and wait. And then I stab them. It's a beautiful thing

Posted

I'm a pretty good pyro. I checks for spies, destroy sappers, remove pipe bombs, airblast an ubered medic away from his heavy, airblast rockets, and generally set people on fire. I'm also not a bad shot with the flare gun.

To put it bluntly, I like to help my team. And set people on fire.

Posted

wat a noob

Posted

wat a weeabo

Posted

Who plays a game like team fortress 2 with their team in mind

Nerd

Posted

wow since when was Team Fortress ever about teams

going to ask Tappy for a dislike button

T1g and pheonix561 like this

Posted

You'd be surprised. I can't tell you how many times I have been stuck on a "team" filled with people who honestly only care about achievements and trading. And then there's the flood of F2P fresh from the ranks of COD... The word "team" is hardly in their vocabulary.

Posted

From what I understand, when TF2 first went F2P, there was a huge influx of snipers, because that's who all the proest players are in the other games. And from what I understand, no scoping used to be possible for the sniper class back when the game first came out until Valve added a quarter second time interval between unscoped and scoped. I think its funny.

Posted

Didn't they quickly find themselves sucking so much because it wasn't just a killfest?

Posted

i normally use the Machina, but i played on a server that was setto default weapons and ir ealized, removing the ability to no-scope is slicing away so much possible kills it's funny XD