Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Grossest Things You've Ever Eaten

21 posts in this topic

Posted

And Foreign foods do count!

This is The Grossest things you've ever eaten, where you post stories about food that you have devoured that in hindsight might've been a mistake.

I'll go first:

Three years ago I was living with my Cousin Rocky one night we were sitting around with a bunch of his friends watching tv and getting "happy" with some "special herbs" he had bought earlier that day. Needless to say the "happiness" made me very hungry so I went to the kitchen to make a sandwich. I found some lunch meat and a Kaiser Roll which I sliced in half to make the sandwich. In my "haze" I neglected to notice the rather generous amount of bread mold on to bottom half of the roll. I returned to the kitchen and began to eat said sandwich, after a few bites I could tell that all was not well with the sandwich and upon inspection on the roll I found the mold spots on the underside. I rushed to the bathroom as fast as I could and after sticking my entire fist down my throat "expelled" the sandwich from my stomach.

Nothing sobers you up faster than puking your guts out on a dingy bathroom floor.

p.s I found out later that the Lunch meat was three weeks old too.

Posted

a hot dog.

a hot dog loaded with sauerkraut and sweet relish.

a hot dog loaded with sauerkraut and sweet relish under the actual hot dog without me knowing.

someone did this to me as a prank.

friggin' HATE sauerkraut and sweet relish

Posted

A hotdog...that's all you got?

WEAK!!!

I was driving to West Virginia with my dad a nephew and we stopped for gas at a station in Point Pleasant West Virginia. I was hungry so I went inside to get some chips or something when I noticed a chill case with sandwiches, grinders, burgers and such. I searched through the selection until I came upon a small square platter of Sushi...yes sushi in a gas station in West Virginia. I showed it to my nephew who said "I bet you twenty bucks you won't eat it".

As soon as he said that it was on, I bought that gas station Sushi and fighting my gag reflex I scarfed down every bit of that stuff.

Now keep in mind I like Sushi, but when you think of places where sushi is in demand, Asscrack West Virginia doesn't seem like the kind of place.

Posted

Not long ago, I visited a highly-recommended restaurant. When I informed the man in the front of my reservation, he seated me in a prompt and orderly fashion, and I ordered my filet mignon medium rare. I sipped the cabernet while I waited, and it was exquisite; but lo, once he returned and I had cut into the stake, I discovered it to be cooked medium! It is needless to say that I sent the dish back and never returned to that eatery again.

Posted

A hotdog...that's all you got?

WEAK!!!

it had like half a jar of sauerkraut and a metric squidton of sweet relish under it.

keep in mind i was expecting a normal delicious ballpark frank

Posted

Did you at least inquire the name of the sous chef from the maître d’?

I left flusteredly, but I do regret not doing so. A civilized kitchen is no place for lads fresh out of culinary school!

Posted

Sea urchin, raw sea urchin. And Jellyfish, it's a tossup.

Posted

I was travelling with my family, and we were visiting the grand canyon, there was a buffet for dinner that night, and i decided to eat the swordfish.

keep in mind, we were in the middle of the freaking desert.

and the "swordfish" was labeled two different kinds of fish. one was "swordfish" and the other was like "cod" or something. something average.

but it was me, and "swordfish", which i had never eaten before.

i dont think too many people can claim they threw up at 2 AM at the grand canyon from food poisoning.

Posted

There was the time I drank glue by accident. That or the coconut that turned out to be mouldy.

Posted

What is "gross"?

I mean, I think bitter melon is scum of the earth but I eat fetal duck eggs so I don't know.

Posted

My school had this gross out contest one time during a pep rally and I participated. I don't know what was in that concoction but it was by far the grossest thing I've ever consumed. I didn't even win the contest.

I've also had some horrible freezer food in my time, let me tell you. Also some terrible, terrible White Castle burgers one time but I don't even want to go into that.

Posted

oh yeah, there was the time that i ate what i thought was some sort of chocolate, but instead turned out to be cheap imitation playdo.

we all know the taste of playdo, past experiences as kids have taught us all not to taste it.

this imitation stuff was that taste times ten.

Posted

I ate a rotten tomato with hummus and Hooter's hot sauce for a white elephant eating competition once. Oh right and pickles too!

Posted

I once had to eat my friend to stay alive while stranded at sea. It didn't taste that bad, but the thought was kinda revolting, ya know? Idk, maybe it's just me

Posted

Soggy biscuits