Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Woman hides for year in bedroom cupboard

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm gonna post the article I'm taking this from, because I'm literally just copy pasting the article from here.

A homeless woman has been caught after spending a year living undetected in a man's cupboard.

The woman sneaked into his house in Japan and was only discovered after he became suspicious over the mysterious disappearance of food.

Police found the 58-year-old hiding in the top compartment of the cupboard in a bedroom in Kasuya.

The homeowner had installed security cameras that transmitted images to his mobile phone after becoming puzzled by food disappearing from his kitchen over the past several months.

One of the cameras captured someone moving inside his home and he called police believing it was a burglar. However, when they arrived they found the door locked and all windows closed.

"We searched the house ... checking everywhere someone could possibly hide," a spokesman said. "When we slid open the shelf closet, there she was, nervously curled up on her side."

The woman told police she had no place to live and first sneaked into the man's house about a year ago when he left it unlocked.

The cupboard is part of a Japanese-style room, one of several in the single-storey house.

Police were investigating how she managed to go in and out unnoticed, as well as details of her life inside the closet, and if she had taken anything else besides food.

She had moved a mattress into the small space and apparently even took showers, the spokesman said, calling the woman "neat and clean".

Posted

I saw this on cracked. Pretty scary

Posted

Honorary roommate: That's crazy.

Posted

If she was neat and clean enough, she could have like, applied for jobs or something. I don't know if applications need your address and phone number or anything, but lol, I think it would have been neat if she found her own source of income and managed to become un-homeless.

Posted

What a squidding loon.

Posted

holy crap, GMP is back.

i wonder what the guy would have done if she had been cleaning his house for him during her stay....or preparing dinner or something :P though she would have been caught almost instantly :<

Posted

Holy cow. A wild GMP appeared.

Posted

oh wow this article was from 2008. I hope this woman is well on her feet after that now :<

Really, how does being homeless and living in someone's house for a year because idk it's more preferable than sleeping outside make her a lunatic??? I just don't see her as in the wrong here... :x but then again I don't know her circumstances so. But I think that was really harsh of you to say.

Posted

She saw an opportunity and she took it.

All opportunists are crazy, apparently. Grand Master Fuhrer, why so angry all the time?

Posted

I used to be baffled by GMP's constant anger, but then I realized that I can't imagine a Nazi ever being happy.

Posted

Let me just say that I don't blame her. However, she was wrong because she took without asking. If she truly is homeless and hungry, she should ask him for food and shelter. He'd be in the wrong if he didn't at least help her out a bit.

Posted

Draconian, not Nazi. I'm all for pointing out when GMP is being ridiculous and all, but that woman lands in that special area where opportunist and loon overlap.

Posted

She also took and used his stuff for a whole year. So she more than wore out her welcome.