Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo faces first annual loss in 30 years

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Here I am, again, wondering what I'm doing on this site. Always. (I should ask for Skyrim for Christmas... this might be a good idea)

Posted

sheeple, lol.

idk, i mean, theyre still my childhood, and i still love em, but theres still stuff that needs some improving, if theyre gonna pick up their momentum again. though i suspect part of that issue is just what games get ported/made for the US systems. just remembering the ds selections ive had to slug through is just....ugh.

Posted

I think that if they had an import section on the Nintendo shop, it'd do fine. They can avoid risking the money on manufacturing those games.

I really think that any American teenager could run the company better than those Japs.

The Wii U will be released and within a few months, new consoles will blow it out of the water. Japanese people don't understand the need for excess, I guess. The concept of including ports or hardware that might serve a FUTURE purpose doesn't make sense to them.

Posted

Really though, Intelligent Systems and Camelot should make all of Nintendo's games. The Mario Galaxy team can stay, too. Oh, and Retro Studios.

Posted

almost everyone can stay on nintendos stuff, just clear out all the movie-based games, and other ports of things that just dont belong on there. assassins creed ds? whyyyyyy did anyone think that was a good idea?

also, i think the porting issue is actually a discrepancy between nintendo of japan, and nintendo of america, the latter of which is the one allowing all the crap games while not porting the ones that people want so much that theyll make fan translations of. also, the fire emblem series[url="http://www.crit-hit.net/top-20-games-nintendo-wouldnt-release-in-the-us/"] still hasnt been completely ported to the us[/url], and maybe never will. im p torqued that shadow dragon was [i]only the first half [/i]of the first fire emblem game, and the second half might not even be ported.

Posted

Fire Emblem for the GBA is like the 6th in the series. Or 7th, actually. It's a damn fine game.

Path of Radiance is by far the best Fire Emblem ever, though. Sacred Stones was pretty legit. Shadow Dragon is meh. Radiant Dawn was not as good as Path of Radiance because it was so damn long but it was pretty close.

Posted

it still doesnt change that they remade a fire emblem game, and only brought over[i] half [/i]of it, with no real plans to bring over the second half. imo, thats half of why shadow dragon was "meh" is because it was [i]only half a game[/i]. theyll bring over or not bring over FE games almost haphazardly, which isnt gonna help sales when its one of your system exclusives.

Posted

They need to have more downloadable content. Like I said, they could translate them, put them on the shop channel and be done. Large profit