Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEKLY Would You Like to See Majora's Mask Revamped for the 3DS?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Many enthusiasts of Operation Moonfall are already [url="http://hyrule.net/2011/11/weekly-poll-3-would-you-like-to-see-majoras-mask-revamped-for-the-3ds/"]making their move[/url] towards getting the remake in production and on the shelves.

If you answer no, please tell us: why not?

Posted

I answered yes, so that means I don't need to tell why.

Posted

Well perhaps you would li[quote name='Fierce Muffin' timestamp='1320210020' post='367670']
I answered yes, so that means I don't need to tell why.
[/quote]

Would you like to elaborate why you chose yes?

Posted

more than anything else, yes yes yes yeshhhhhh.
maybe i read the guidebook one too many times as a kid, maybe its because me and my bro couldnt do anything except run around clock town without wigging out due to, idk, you know, [i]basic monsters[/i] (yet we got to the zora dungeon in OoT as kids what is this i dont even) but MM is the one game i almost /need/ remade on the bloody 3ds, because if i was gonna point to a console game that ive barely played and name one as my favorite, it would [i]inexplicably [/i]be MM.

i guess mostly i just really wanna play it, because like i said, i read the guide [i]one [/i]too many times as a kid. also, i think it should be released[url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1838534/posts"] Dec 18, 2012[/url]. its a while away, sure, but they havent started revamping it yet, and i mean, as far as possible release dates for MM go....

Posted

I would love to see it. It's my favorite Zelda game to date.

Posted

Why would anybody say no?
They mad >:

Posted

I'd love to, but I don't have a lot of hope for it happening. For one thing, Majora's Mask is not well suited for playing just a little at a time, like many portable games are, due to it's saving mechanic. For another thing, I don't think Nintendo wants to put too many more remakes on the 3DS. On the other hand, it's guaranteed to print money, so they might make it anyways.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' timestamp='1320240604' post='367688']
I'd love to, but I don't have a lot of hope for it happening. For one thing, Majora's Mask is not well suited for playing just a little at a time, like many portable games are, due to it's saving mechanic.[/quote]
That's exactly why it's suitable for small play, and in fact it's more suitable than OoT. You can get a mask or collect some rupees or get an item in half an hour, use the bank if necessary, use the Song of Time to save, and bob's your uncle. If things take longer amounts of time, you can use Owl Statues to instantaneously freeze your save for later play. The only caveat is dungeon play, but it's not even, owing to the way you progress in each dungeon -- once you get the dungeon item, you can save and then fasttrack back to the level of progress you were at prior.

The time mechanic itself speaks to all of this: you're allotted 72 in-game hours, which works out to 54 minutes before you need to use the Song of Time, assuming the player doesn't know about the Song of Time variants. That means if you play in chunks of an hour, you're playing as the developers expected and should have time to finish an objective that suits you. But in between those hour objectives are minor ones, and you could just as easily cast your time to those, meaning 20 or 30 minutes is reasonable for most tasks in the game. It's also notable that there's a time skip feature that isn't dependent on the Song of Double Time, that being the Granny's storytelling at the Inn. So new players have methods to skip to any day they want (once they find them), to save at any time they want, and to therefore finish objectives at their leisure.

For that matter, you could also put your DS to sleep if all else fails. It's not like leaving the 64 on all day if you need to do something else.

Posted

what nabe said

i signed operation moonfall forever ago

Posted

I heard it might be confirmed already, but I'm not holdig my breath for a release until there's an official release date. I'd be totally for it, though. Since it used pretty much the same engine as the first game, I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult or that expensive to port to the 3DS. The only problem is that MM isn't as universally acclaimed as OoT, so Nintendo might hesitate there.

Posted

God I love MM so much. I actually prefer it to Oot, though I couldn't tell you exactly why :/
I would love to see it ported to the 3DS. I'd just need to get one to play it. I think a friend has one, so there's that.

Hrrng that thief bird.

Posted

@MM and its saving/play system
given how much the 3ds whines at me when i tell it that i want it COMPLETELY off, i should think that they almost WANT you to leave it on all the time....
also, given that most of my memories of OoT is starting in and leaving kokiri woods, which i havent done much of in OoT3DS, you can guess how frequently i use the shut-ds-and-pick-up-later method, especially since a good chunk of my play time is on the schools busses and their 5-10min rides. :< i figure MM would play the same way.

Posted

Yes, yes, a million times yes. Majora's Mask is, in fact, my favorite Zelda game as well, which is a fact I get a lot of hate for. But I've said that if they release it for the 3DS, I will buy one simply for MM, OoT, Starfox, and the upcoming Kid Icarus. I'm sure I'd find some other games to enjoy too, but those are the important ones.