Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teto's

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Made for my GM food essay poster. Image only, text need not be included for you swine.

lKbBS.jpg

Posted

'tween you and me, I think you'd make a much better graphic designer than I could. That's an honest statement.

Posted

This is a public forum pheo there is no between you and me >:

But thanks a I guess, though I don't think I have as many ideas as you do.

Also, for some context, the essay was GM food. I used corn as my main example most of the time. One advantage listed in the end of the essay was that the grater yield of GM foods could help solve world hunger. And so corn is now this godlike production of man, as he stands on his mountain of golden rice (rice modified to help against vitamin a deficiency).

To the right is a great toxic pollen cloud washing over the land. I had this whole thing written up to describe the world depicted in the picture, but I didn't write it out for the poster. Toxic pollen cloud because a criticism of Bt corn was that it might cross-pollinate with stuff and squid up the ecosystem. So it was this great cloud of death and destruction that monopolised the disadvantages section of my essay.

To the left is a honeycomb for a beehive, and a cloud of worker bees escaping into the distance, in response to silly controversy that Bt corn might have been the cause for some phenomenon where worker bees left their colonies. Maybe they just flew away on holiday?

The city is big business, as another concern in the disadvantages section was that businesses might control the majority of food sources, and so control most of the market.

The light man with his optimistic view of world hunger being solved by GM foods, surrounded by all the horrible disadvantages that come with it. Even though the disadvantages are dumb. But I wanted to make this joke. A potential world, constructed by the reader of my essay.

Which sounds very fancy and pretentious when strung together like that, but I really just added stuff that made sense to me.

The accompaying text I was originally going to put with it was:

A genetically modified world, as envisioned by the over viewer.

Bountiful supplies of golden rice, mountains shifted into place, the hands of man call from the peak to welcome the new genetically modified world with open palms.

The world is born again, our vision is realised in full. Rolling clouds of toxic pollen cleanse the earth, ridding it of all infectious waste and bothersome pests, and those weak enough to fall to its call, whispering death as it passes, leaving only the chosen in its wake.

The work weary bees fly over the city. Swarming for their summer vacation they fly south, confusion and suspicion the only ones left to miss them in their absence.

No food is wasted here, a population of billions, well fed and complacent within the confines of their towering cities.

As the global monopoly match nears a close, the suits in the office blocks twiddle their thumbs, certain of their victory.

But that would be too much to write, and just overly negative-sounding. I switched it out for thought bubbles.

"Maize ain't scaring all the bees -- maybe they just went on holiday?"

"Toxic pollen clouds wont hurt anybody"

"The only thing you should worry about is the city -- It's only in it for the profits, you should be wary of trusting them -- and me"

Posted

Golden rice, Teto. Save for bees going on holiday, that was one of my favorite parts.

Posted

Been practicing facial expressions, I think I'm getting better at this drawing thing.

Q3E8w.jpg

Posted

Needs one more spike.

Posted

It's a work in progress give me a break.

Posted

FANART OH NO

Where did all my creative energy go! It's all gone!

hOMd4.jpg

Posted

:lust: :lust: :lust:

Posted

Reviving my (in hindsight, shameful u_u) art thread to put forward my suggestions for future site ads.

VyGagmJ.png

ppn3maD.png

OPv31Oc.png

fQ7oKZn.png

PrimaGaga, Cassandra and pheonix561 like this

Posted

As in, ads advertising our forum?

Posted

Yes

Or for on our own forum as silly ads, like Sahaqiel has been posting in status updates.

Posted

Oh advertising our forum like that sounds like a great idea!

Posted

My ad was deleted on the first day. I wasn't outbid. It was just removed.