Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teto's

109 posts in this topic

Posted

I joined a D&D group, and ended up getting dice and all that. I was looking at getting a dice bag, and was looking on etzy for stuff. The thought occurred to me, looking at peoples' handmade ones, that I could make my own. I looked up a tutorial and read it through, got a picture in my head of what was involved and decided to make my own. This was last night I thought that. Today I went out and got all the materials, came home and made it.

yxDPydl.jpg

tpzsG63.jpg

It turned out quite nicely. One thing wasn't as good as I hoped, but I can put it down to the length of the body surrounding the base, and also the thickness of the material. Mostly I'm glad that I actually thought "I should do this", and for once, I actually did. Usually I'm just full of ideas like "I should join that club" "I should try that out" and never do it. But this time I thought it out a little, and went for it. Feel accomplished.

pheonix561, PrimaGaga and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

It's cute. I like it. I like dice and little bags like this.

Posted

Tatami Galaxy, Teto...

Posted

???

Posted

Mostly I'm glad that I actually thought "I should do this", and for once, I actually did. Usually I'm just full of ideas like "I should join that club" "I should try that out" and never do it. But this time I thought it out a little, and went for it.

Posted

It makes me feel good to feel like I'm being the good Watashi.

Also, I made another, but I used a rougher material cord, and so it doesn't open and close very well. Stitching is a lot neater, and it holds a lot better this time though. Took me about 3 hours. Probably about as long as the first one, but that's with time saved by less mess ups, and time spent doing closer stitches. Seams still aren't quite as close together as I'd like, as you can still see through them. First one I was doing stitches at about 5mm apart, which I shortened down to about 3mm. So if you were to make a rough guess at the number of stitches, given that the total length of all the stitched seams comes to about 60cm, or 600 mm, then I did about 200 stitches on the new one, and 120 on the first. Which actually isn't really all that much actually.

I could totally go for 300 stitches on the next one. Maybe 600, since the fabric would probably be okay with stitches that close (I'd hope).

So mainly: Use soft, sleek cord, and be careful with measurements.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I did another one. Stitches closer together, generally better. Put a white cross on it for Tony Tony Chopper referencing.

jet7OwN.png

9pgKqgP.png

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Comparison of the first versus the third dice bags, so I can be all "Look how bad my sewing was before compared to now!"

The view of the base from the outside:

Uiej6PF.png

View of the base on the inside:

iWrpLEf.png

View of the top bit that folds over the cords, onthe inside:

tsxmYaJ.png

As you can see in the second two, where I show the stitching around the base, you can see the edge where the two ends of the body meets. It sticks out a bit. That's the one problem with the body being two long; it goes around the base and then crashes into itself, and like earth crashing together and forming mountains or volcanoes, it compensates for it by going upwards/outwards, and so from the outside you can see it bending inwards. Ideally it wouldn't bend inwards to the same kind of extreme, or maybe even not at all if I can help it.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

So I use that one now.

I wont bother making another new one because I think any more improvement would be minimal using this design. It's incredibly simple, and the felt is too thick that it makes it difficult to close.

The major problem with it is that it resists being closed, so you have to tie more knots in it. Even then it's a bit rubbish and wont stay very closed. I'd have to try again with a thinner fabric I guess.

But I was thinking on this - a way to make something that stayed closed more easily, and I thought it'd be cool to have something that resisted being open instead of, like my dice bag, resists being closed. So I thought, how about a set of jaws? Spring loaded so that you have to pry them open to get your dice out. So much cooler than a regular dice bag.

So now that's my main idea for a neat thing I could make someday, maybe. I'd just need to figure out the mechanics and materials.

______

Also, I was watching Aku no Hana and they went into the classroom, and a glimpse of the blackboard duster gave me an idea. A functioning blackboard eraser, that when opened up is actually a case for your 3DS. That would be neat too, especially if you were just some nerdy teacher.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

That actually sounds p. cool. But blackboard erasers are normally pretty thin. ): Neat drawstring bag, too. You make me want to take up sewing, but I've been meaning to for a long while anyway.

Keep making cool stuff Teto!! (:

Posted

I plan on getting a 3DS XL. The problem I have with it is that it's kind of ugly. So I've been looking into making stickers/decals to put on the back. i was thinking of just plastering random quotes from things on it and when I want to add more I can just paste them over the top of old ones. I have a couple I think I want to put on.

DAXXRNp.png

(Peep Show)

pP1EDLb.png

(Animal Crossing)

Here are the rest of the quotes I thought I might be interested in, but haven't made images for yet.

Someone's gonna end up crying. Probably me.
___

It's recess everywhere but in his heart.
___

They thought Einstein was crazy... until he started kicking ass.
___

Even the dog is drunk.
___

Bleach, lighter fluid, ammonia, gasoline. I don't know, lady stuff.
___

Hitler promised not to invade Czechoslovakia, Jeremy. Welcome to the real world.
___

Cats die. You only have a few years left. They don't even live very long
___

tumblr_mhmgsdtunx1r06lbno1_500.png
___

Animal Crossing:

When someone fakes a smile, don't get mad, maaannn. At least they're trying.
Yeah, man. Friends are far out.
Shedding blood, sweat, and tears is not as easy as it looks. And it looks hard!
Cheese can never be milk again..
pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Awesome idea. How are you going to make the decals? If I find any quotes that I think would look funny on a dsi would it be okay if I posted them here? This isn't one of those things where I would just post five thousand quotes that i just randomly find on tumblr as I find them or something I mean top notch quote stuff. Tom Waits Lyrics.

Posted

Sure. I wont take them into consideration, but sure. Also, 3DS XL not DSi. Wow.

Also I have no idea. I've never seen decals made and used before, and I really don't know how I'm going to do it at all. If I'm still going to.

Posted

Want to expand on my knowledge of all the countries in the world by also being able to draw an approximate image of the entire world and all the borders. So I've just started trying to draw some individual countries first off. Then maybe more, before piecing them all together and forming a full picture. That's the ideal result anyway, but even if I don't get there, I reckon being able to draw accurately from a reference is a good skill to develop, even if it's just something as easy to judge as lines on a map.

But yeah, not very far in so I can't really brag, but I'm happy with my Scotland (doing the UK atm, not finished).

pcs4aoV.jpg

You'll also notice I missed out Stirling, because it's not actually a real place.

actual proportioned Scotland

Scotland.jpg

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

Keep it up, Nami!