Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teto's

109 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometimes people reported seeing Teto's body grow from nothing, swelling out from a ball in the air before his whole body stood there silent, looking to the side, before retreating again into a ball, as if turning inside out, and then disappearing again. He would show at random intervals, sometimes panicked, moving and running horizontally or falling vertically through our 3 dimensional plane as he traveled in the 4th dimension, through world planes aligned in parallel to one another. Moving inside himself and inside the world, to something outside it. All the shapes and dimensions and perspective lead to a higher level of understanding, and so he departed and became a God.

Posted

^maybe the only joke I'll ever make in this thread.

The lighting on this is rubbish and takes away from what it is, Got a better picture of it. What's going on here is a study I just finished doing on pencil hardness. On the left you have 5cm lines from pencils 9H down to HB, and then a 9B pencil drawn over one end to test to see how indented the line is. For this one I was testing with light pressure.

On the previous page I did a test on the indentations left by pencils 9H to HB, and then drew over them with 9B, as a test to see which H pencil would be best for guidelines. I did this one after because most of them left indentations, and so a light touch would probably prove more effective in having guidelines that you can shade over. 

Since 9H initially impressed me because of it's very low opacity, I wanted to see the opacity of other H pencils when there's less pressure. 9H was near invisible unless you looked really close, so I did pencils 8H to H on the right hand side, doing the same small drawing each time. You can see it gradually getting darker and darker. The pressure on the pencils stayed the same from what I could tell, and I like how it turned out. Actually looks like what you'd expect.

aHHZzGo.jpg

Posted

I haven't done any technical drawing whatsoever since that post. Generally I haven't done a lot, apart from a couple drawings of faces from characters in TV shows, and a bunch of meaningless doodles of stuff, like Han Solo as an Animal Crossing character, and a short couple minutes trying to draw Amethyst from Steven Universe. All I've accomplished from that is doing triangle noses now, so my doodles look a little different.

I don't use colour. I'm bad at using colour. I haven't done art as a class for at least 7 years, and between times I've only done line drawings with no colour. I've tried sitting down to do colour but I just find myself 100% unable to care, because I'm convinced that everything looks fine without, but that's just because it'd look like trash if I tried to use colour. So I'm going back to basics, and I'm going to download and print off colouring-in pages from stuff, to eliminate the part where I put down good lines that I don't want to ruin. Pure colouring.

Posted

I'll be trying to make colour happen from now on.

The other day I bought one of these towers of coloured square note paper. Using this allows me to easily discard anything that's shit, and just draw in thick pen lines. I would say this is an opportunity to say that I am inspired by famed homosexual artist Ben Christianson, for me eventually using a grey pen for extra dimensions of shade without using a pencil.

Scrappy doodles are great. Most of it is throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks, as is clear from maybe 50 discarded blue notes to about 10 that I kept. Yellow ones are going further because I'm having fun with the grey pen. Blue ones were yesterday and focused mainly on little characters, faces, and then the yellow ones were today and I felt like doing patterns and playing with the grey.

n7jUnzb.jpg

M2Ut3qu.jpg

They are utterly useless. I enjoy doing this though, and it keeps me thinking about drawing, since if I just think about practicing all the time I wont get anything out of it.

Top right in the first set is on yellow paper, and I had to fit it in there. It's like, the first time I used colour in ages. I might start using crayons at least. I need to use colours.

The little characters are pretty Adventure Timey/Skylery, I noticed. The roundness of them for AT-y and the 'party guy' who is super ready to live is so Skylery too.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

I start my art course next week, and I'm feeling pretty nervous that I haven't been drawing, so I'm just going to draw dogs and eyes and stuff for now. I did this one and felt good about it. Bull terriers are unfortunate inbred creatures, but they'e cute.

Bvu6csDCUAIwMw4.jpg

Posted

very nice!

Posted

Oh shit wow. You continue to impress me with your improvement between every post. Even between this and other one you posted today.

Sahaqiel and Teto like this

Posted

I haven't posted anything since I started doing my art course. There's not been a huge bunch that I've done that I'm going to share.

But one class we have is our 'project'. We have to somehow scrape together opinions on stuff and develop ideas in a sketchbook for a piece of artwork, to be produced by the end of the semester. I don't really know where exactly I'm going with it. We've more or less just been encouraged to puppy around with shapes and hope for ideas, and I'm getting there. I've loosed some threads.

But main thing is that tonight I had a lot of fun pissing around with the golden section for a couple hours. There's something kind of intoxicating about building shapes out of this ratio. I can't escape how much fun math is, when you're just using more simple principles to build shapes and whatnot. This is the same kind of magic over me that perspective did for a while. It's all measurements and pattern, and things coming together.

Vdwlsjc.jpg

T9SN8n1.jpg

It's all kind of useless wank, but, yeah. I spent like 3 hours on this. I like my crescent shape. The area of the inner circle has the same ratio to the area outside the inner circle as the area outside the inner circle has to the whole circle. So basically a golden relationship.

x : y  ::  y  : (x+y), where x is the inner circle, y is the area outside the inner circle, and so therefore x+y is the larger circle, ie. the inner and the area around it combined. I just like that that works like that, even though I only decided the positions of center points, and the circles radius by golden relationships rather than going for the area thing. It just falls into place, and I like that.

The previous pages of the sketchbook were more visually stimulating and nicer to look at with sketches of buildings and stuff but this is what I actually find interesting, so you get this instead.

This has been another installment of Teto's Math Wank. There might be dogs next time.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

I found somewhere I can do life drawinggg

I'm going to scout out more places though, since this particular place, while cool in that it was in a bar, was really dark. Sometimes I found it hard to make out details on the model, and when lights were shining in my eyes the contrast made it hard to see what I was drawing. Might be able to remedy that with a change of seating, but I'll see next week.

One: The face on this is bad, but I had a lot of glare from a spotlight shining right above her head, so I could barely make out where here eyes were. I managed to get the body well enough.

Two: Some from the 30 minute pose. Had a bit of fun breaking it down into angles and shapes. I really like the bottom close-up of the head. Made up mostly of pretty flat simple shapes, and I like it.

Three: From the 45-minute pose.  Kind of clunky and out of proportion, but not bad considering I looked at the page maybe twice during the first half (the body and head) to realign myself (second half, i.e. the material, I checked every couple seconds, so not as impressive, but it still looks nice to me). One of those little exercises, and it turned out nice, actually.

CiMANzG.jpg

PjR2rlG.jpg

PWXdy9d.jpg

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

This is tracing; I'm not actually this good with a biro freehand (if only)

tumblr_nfb4g7FYiZ1qdek7mo1_1280.jpg

Tracing isn't impressive, but it looks cool so whatever??? If this was just tracing then I'd not bother, but I wanted to document that I really enjoyed framing areas of tone with angular shapes. It ended up looking pretty cool. I'll probably end up doing this a lot.

pheonix561 and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

self prostrait

tumblr_ngnig6kJa91qdek7mo1_1280.jpg

First time doing a quick self portrait with media other than pencil or ink. It turned out nice, despite a couple anatomical errors. My dick usually reaches up to below my chin but I forgot to draw it in.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

liiiiiiiiiiines

NWRRT.png

XzNOq.png

Kind of cute, being beamed back to the first post when I clicked on this thread. Those were still cool enough things.

But yeah, the latest. I'm just about onto the finishing stages of my project I've been doing since September. The ideas keep mutating into other things. What I have here barely looks like the idea I was on before. I just got inspired by the golden section again, and I was lying in bed, thinking about golden rectangles, and then drawing diagonal lines through them. That resulted in the v shape, cutting the picture in half, but the floating circles come from my previous idea, as well as paving stones (done on the bottom in poorly meausred 5 point perspective). I just like doing rays of light, and so I did some, to fill up the space.

Zc79yoW.jpg

plus some life drawing from tonight

tumblr_niifcplEU01qdek7mo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_niifcplEU01qdek7mo4_1280.jpg

I always undershoot the width of the mouth.