Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tarsem Singh wants Samurai Jack Live Action Film

8 posts in this topic

Posted

"Whether it’s this weekend’s violent Immortals or next spring's "sickeningly kiddie" Mirror, Mirror, the common thread running through all of director Tarsem Singh‘s works is a focus on uniquely striking imagery. After all, this is a man who once explained to a Comic-Con audience that “I start with a good visual, and see if the story will fall in.” So on that level, it makes quite a bit of sense that his dream job is apparently to direct a live-action feature version of Samurai Jack, the stylish Cartoon Network animated series that aired between 2001 and 2004. It may or may not be a good news, depending on how you feel about his oeuvre, but it’s not especially shocking news."

Read the rest of the article here.

So, Samurai Jack was a TV show I never got to watch due to my parents restricting my access to cable tv growing up and my siblings only wanting to watch whatever else was on whenever we had the opportunity. I never got to see more than one or two episodes, so my opinion isn't really founded on anything here. What would you guys who saw the show think of a live action Samurai Jack film? Would an animated version be better?

Posted

I rarely watched that show. Watched more of Hey Arnold! and Catdog, as well as the Powerpuff Girls. But I still liked it. :)

Posted

Samurai Jack was pretty great

I just remember laughing

so hard

at the long, long periods of absolute silence

also everything LL said

Posted

Yeah, LL is pretty dead on. Still, I thought it was a great show. One of the few things my father and I bonded over. There have been rumors of a movie for ages. If they do make one, I hope they use it to close the series, since the show never finished.

Posted

i remember the episode where he was a chicken. like, a rooster.

i also remember the one where his shoes broke and he kept looking for new ones.

and the one where Aku tells the children a story.

and that one where he went to a rave.

and the scotsman.

and when aku didn't fight him because he got a cold...

this was a weird squiddin' show

Posted

wellplayedaku.jpg

Posted

wow

It did have its silly moments, though. But it was a series that was designed to never end. Then it didn't. It doesn't have an ending.

Also, Aku literally means "evil", I am fairly sure. In Japonaise. Kind of lol.

It was a pretty interesting show in concept. A warrior from the past getting sent into an industrialized, urban underground. Only, everywhere is the underground.The opener was actually some kind of hip-hop, I believe.

Posted

Yes, it was. I went back and watched one of the episodes today. Samurai Jack and a Scotsman met on a bridge and fought, and it was cool. I liked the scotsman.

Cascade or Teto needs to translate this for me.

Also there's a part where he's like "Away and bile yer heid!" I was all "Can they even say that on a kid's show?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4gSr8TZLHw

Watched this instead of Cat Soup.

Worth it.