Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WEEKLY Would You Like To Improve The Forum In Time For Skyward Sword?

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I might be interested in writing some of those feature articles I was talking about earlier, in the same vein as how newspapers do their thing. In the news, they include both straight-facts articles as well as opinion articles and features. This would be a good thing to do as Zelda news has a habit of slowing down and stuff yeah

and if anyone needs some kind of editor for grammar/spelling/punctuation in their guides or anything, they can ask me if they feel like it

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE STOP HATING ON NEW GUYS THOUGH

Posted

We need to double our members. I don't like cliques. Takes the fun out of it. I like it when I don't know everyone on the forum. I like competition. Or like animosity between strangers.

Posted

Teto, I was thinking that we shift this towards having about an equal amount of forums dedicated to Zelda in comparison to our non Zelda forums. I wouldn't put Werewolf near Zelda, because honestly it has nothing to do with it, and it doesn't need more attention than it already does. If we get people to join and stick around, then they will come to the Werewolf board and check it out. Otherwise, it's going to stay where it's always been. To put this in perspective, some boards have subforums for [i]every[/i] Zelda game, and they get by on activity with those areas. I wouldn't go that extreme, since it would take up a lot of room, but I do want to expand our lame general Zelda discussion subforum past where it is right now.

The other sections on the board will still be there. If you don't want to see the Zelda section, then minimize it. But discussing things in there with new members is still a good idea.

We may be a big part of the board, but we are wrecking the point of the thing in the first place and making it an exclusive club by putting our label on it. It's not our needs we need to meet.

Posted

Look at all of you, working together. :biggrin:

This makes me happy.

Posted

all 4 u

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' timestamp='1321211716' post='368587']
Well, Phanta, you're more art oriented, so you could try to do layout stuff, possibly for an extra theme to the site based on one game or another.
[/quote]

Well, I donno how to do that so if you could point me to some instructions.... :>
Also , my tablet is broken so i can't make any original art myself. (Unless you'd guys be interested with a paper and pen sorta look, like that signature I used to have as VRS)

Posted

If the layout was completely made as an image I could probably turn it into html.

PSDs or something are always useful.

Posted

though on that guide-writing thing, i feel almost obligated that if i /do/ write a guide, itd have to be for handhelds. mostly because thats all i really have played. id probably go for minish cap, as 4 swords adventures doesnt need a guide. unless youre my brother, and mistake a wall button for a wall pully in the sand temple/dungeon/thing, i think 4SA doesnt need my help :P minish cap, though....that could stand a replay, with notes. if i get the imaginary time.

also, what about LoZ fancomics? would that be a thing? i mean, i couldnt even finish my pokemon hard mode comic, nor my run, for that matter, but some herpaderp adventures would be something to throw in, right?

Posted

Actually, scrap my idea for writing a Majora's Mask guide, I'd never have the motivation to do a really great guide :<

But I would be interested in writing a series of guides for new users on how to get around the forum and stuff? Like, updated rules for the forum and chat, how to use various codes, ranks... etc. Feel free to suggest ideas for guides! Or even help me out once if I get approval to do this.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind running end of the year awards, since last years kinda got abandoned and I actually want it to be a fully-fledged thing. Like, I'll keep it on track and shit. I dunno how you would make winners, umm, stand out though? A shiny icon for their profile they get to keep until the next award period? A shiny banner for their sig? Or just a special usertitle idk. Just a thought though, feel free to tell me if you like the ideas/how to improve/don't think it's necessary etc etc. :>

Just, I want to contribute in /some/ way other than the monthly moderator report, and this seems like the perfect idea. Since I can actually do this lol. anyways time for class I'll respond later tonight.

Posted

man, i could totally see you having the cascadey awards or something. like, the usual themes with really random things mixed in. "cutest bunbun picture" and "derpiest photo" etc etc etc. you could make polls or something, and we could vote on some stuff? and maybe to keep it from being 12000 polls in one month or something sillies like that, it could just be a poll on a random concept/topic every [time period goes here] or so. idk what you could do for prizes, though id totally donate custom drawings or w/e for the winners for each one, itd be kainda fun. siggies or avatars if they wanted, idk. we could all pitch in on the prizes as the inspiration strikes, i think.

Posted

Also we should probably get round to getting rid of/hiding the second gender option on profiles maybe.
It's just untidy.

Posted

Whenever I'm thinking I don't have enough time or motivation, I think, "Man, I sure do waste a lot of time on things that I never say I don't have time for but still get around the same amount of completion done". When you think of it like that, it's easy to get stuff done.

But I mean, work at your own pace. It would probably be easier for us if we just used emulators. For screenshots and stuff.
But new content and new artwork is always good.

Posted

Yeah I will just never have the patience or effort to use emulators and make quality video game guides with images and shit sorry. Simply a text guide on Rules! Structure! Fairness! Things I love greatly! I can do perfectly. This forum/irc channel needs more of these thingsssss

Also Chimetals lol, if I ever do awards "Cutest Bunbun Picture" will most definitely be the most pricey award! <3 I'll be the judge of course.

Posted

[quote name='That1guy' timestamp='1321229754' post='368631']
im not much of a writer but i have oracle of seasons memorized to perfection
[/quote]
Hi

Posted

What about those Hyrule.net Awards? Anyone remember those, I think from last year?