Musicians

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll read the replies later. I'll just say:

- Trumpet

- Two acoustic, one electric guitar

- Ocarina that I acquired recently

for now.

I recently started composing musics, also. Electronic stuff.

Posted

Some folks say I play a mean kazoo...

Posted

Olol, EDA

CC, I use my 36W Fender bass amp for listening to music :D

It's so loud

I've recently been plugging my keyboard into it, makes it sound great.

I got my 10w (guitar) with my 12 string, my 18w? (bass) with my theremin, and my 36w (bass) with my bass.

Also, if i'm not getting the GT6, then I should be getting a 30W guitar amp (The only actual guitar amp I have is like 10w and was like $30. First Act, olol, it blows so much)

I think the amp'll be a Spider 4

Maybe

Posted

So hey yeah necro post

I got a GT8 instead, it's so cool

Posted

People tell me I have an uncanny ability to whistle

Posted

listen to andrew bird and then tell me how good you are

Posted

I'm actually studying to become a professional musician in my university studies. Here's what I've learned to play over the years:

-Bb Clarinet

-Tenor Saxophone

-Oboe

-Keyboard/Piano

-Guitar

My main focus is the Clarinet for my Music degree, but I've been playing just as much saxophone recently for jazz ensembles. I have learned a bit of composing as well, but I usually only do it for homework. I don't often get inspiration to compose something on my own free will, as I'm usually busy practicing for most of the day.

I haven't played Oboe since high school, but my director praised me once, saying I was better than half of the college oboe players he knew. Not sure if he meant it or not, but I do know that Oboe is a tough instrument to play, as all double-reed instruments are. Keyboard, I began studying in high school. However, I'm still not very good at reading bass clef instantly, so I'm not a great pianist. I'm still taking classes, but I don't see it happening.

I took a beginner Guitar class last Winter. As of right now, I can tune a guitar, and play chords. Unfortunately, I cannot read musical lines as of yet, as I don't know where the notes lay on the fret board. It is a work in progress.

Posted

listen to andrew bird and then tell me how good you are

This is also true for violinists.

I recently purchased an entry-level ukulele, and it's perfect for cheap, easy, fun jamming. It's just such a chill instrument. It's become my go-to travel instrument, replacing my notably larger mandolin.

Also, SunVox is perfect for anyone looking for tracking software. You can make some pretty neat stuff with it if you get past the learning curve.