Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

:< Stupid laptop

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, so my laptop broke yesterday, kinda. My uncle and I were working on it, and we went to update the BIOS. The laptop shut off, mid-update.

Now it can't start up, it gets to the Windows screen, then gets the BSOD :<<<

We tried to fix it using the installation cd, but it can't read the hard drive being in there.

When we got to the Setup menu at the brand screen, it shows my hard drive in the boot order. He thinks it may be a problem with the battery that powers the hard drive for startup, so we'll be taking it apart to try and reset it. He knows what he's doing, so I trust him (mostly - it was his idea to update the BIOS :/). He's worked with comps all his life, including building a couple. Olol, water-cooling. He hates it, but only found out after putting it in his favorite comp.

The reason we think it happened is that my laptop came with Vista, but I had to downgrade to XP. Meaning ever single driver had to be manually re-installed. But we think the BIOS we tried to update might still have some Vista in it.

TL;DR My laptop blows, won't be active as much.

And no chat, sorry :<

The computer I'm on right now is so slow, I don't want to deal with this.

Posted

It's cool. I know what it's like having restrictions on your irc access. Just get it fixed up and come back when you can.

Posted

I plan on it. He might be coming over today, but I know he is tomorrow. My grandma's in town for Thanksgiving, and we're having dinner Wed night so my cousin can make it. Then Thursday will be my dad's family :<<<

Countrycountrycountryredneckcountry

I really dislike that part of my genes

MY FATHER HAD A MULLET AT HIS WEDDING

OIol, "It was the style back then" "NO EXCUSE, DAD"

They're cool, though. Nice people, just really southern. I get my Cherokee from them, but I have Seneca from my mom's side.

Yeah, like the cigs :/

Posted

Dark One, where are you from exactly

Posted

Qho else kept reading the word "comp" and thought about SMT?

Posted

no one

Posted

he's another arkansas member, like chase and fort

Posted

Gah. Last time our laptop broke we waited two months before taking it get fixed, lack of money. Then it took almost another month for the people repairing it to give it back. then... it broke for good again three weeks after that. This happened this year so I know your pain, I hope you will not go to the extreme I did, hahah. I hope everything goes smoothly and you can be back soon. :]