Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not, but whatever. (It may turn out to be the best cel-shaded Zelda game for all I know.)

I highlighted those two words so you don't flip out.

Posted

It may turn out to be the best Zelda game for all you know.

*Whistles*

Posted (edited)

I picked this up on my own time... I will say that it is 93% accurate. While it isn't a big deal, there is a limit to the amount of time that Link can "Dash" in this game. While it isn't a big limit, it isn't an unbelievably short amount of time either. When entering Dash Mode (OR while attacking in some cases, I only noticed it a few times, certain types of attacks with the sword) a small circle appears by Link, I imagine this would be his fatigue length. It looks similar to Mario's Health GUI in Mario 64. As he runs, this gague starts to decrease. When it empties out, Link will need to wait for it to recharge before dashing once more.

Most of it is conceptual and assumption work, however, it isn't too far from belief... That's likely what it is anyway.

EDIT: Not really a spoiler, but it wasn't mentioned in the first post. Nor have I EVER heard it mentioned before.

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah, I saw the circle thing in gameplay, but had no idea what it was for since it seemed to appear randomly during battle, and never during running.

So I don't know about your theory, but I am also curious about the little circle thing.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

It is a bit sketchy... However, I saw it come up as he was running, decreasing ever so... Decreasingly. When he stopped, it was nearly empty, it started to refill. So, yes, it is just a theory that I can't claim 100% true. Which is why I used 93 and the word "accurate."

It's not like we were TOLD what it was.

EDIT: Oh, and this just in. Two types of Spin Attacks. Vertical and Horizontal. Our classic horizontal spin is performed by slashing both the nunchuk and wiimote into a horizontal direction. Link will make a light jump/flip into the air to do a vertical spin attack (attacking from both directions, I would imagine) by swinging them vertically, possibly only up. Not sure which.

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

I noticed this too, and I think Vio is right.

Posted

Oh, and this just in. Two types of Spin Attacks. Vertical and Horizontal.

Oh yeah, I forgot to put that. I was like, "Oh wow, there's a vertical spin attack now?"

Also, I think that it might not just be a running meter, but a stamina meter. 'Cause it goes down when you spin attack, too.

Alright, I'll have to believe this theory as well. :>

Pretty sure it's a stamina meter.

Sahaqiel

Posted

And if you look at the second video, the timer also appears while Link is climbing the vines.

Posted

Hogod... I do hope... You don't fall down if it empties out-- I hope it refills if you stop climbing, just holding on.

Pretty sure it's a stamina meter.

I think in my first post, I called it a fatigue gauge?

Posted

I can't imagine how happy Zelda fans got when they learned Link could run faster.

'Pretty sure this'll be one of the games greatest features. <3

Anyways, so far Skyward Sword looks pretty awesome. I can only hope that Nintendo can get it finished by Christmas this year (despite what they said about finishing the game by the end of the year.)

Posted

Yeah I didn't see Link run fast. He ran as fast as all the other Link's could.

Posted

The rupees in Link to the Past were about a third of the size of Link, I can't imagine why you'd think these ones are too large.

Posted

Because that was a 2-d game, they had to be visible. In all of the 3-d games(That I know of)the rupees have been significantly smaller. About the size of a waffle... Just a little smaller.

I cannot wait for this game! :squint:

Posted

Oh it was a stamina meter? It looked like a timer to me.

And am i the only one who noticed Link just fell off evry cliff he went on instead to jumping off?

=(