Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

I saw Link run in one video. He went fast :D

Posted

I just had a theory... I'm going to spoiler tag it.

Regarding an older rumor and the possibility of having the Master Sword for the entire game.

Now, it's not built upon all that much and I'm also in a bit of a rush as well... It's just a small idea, nothing much. I remember an old rumor which stated that Link was going to be the Hero of Time in this. While I was originally under the impression that it was the same Link from Ocarina of Time, that doesn't mean that's true. The Hero of Time Legend was around even before OoT's start, if I remember... Just briefly, what if THIS Link is the FIRST Hero of Time? Very sketchy I know, and I'm not basing it on anything concrete. Still a nice thought, though.

I'M ON MY WAY.

Posted

Well if so, I'm going to die of fanliness if Kokiri Forest is on Hyrule's map. 8D

I guess the only issue behind that is our obliviousness to where he actually GOT the sword. If he was the original, then he either recieved the Master Sword from the Temple of Time, OR he got it from someplace else and then PLACED it into its stone in the Temple of Time.

I'm going to assume that the Master Sword is also the Skyward Sword (gathering power from the heavens to shoot sword beams, leaping from a cliff that sits above clouds etc.) so I'm very much interested in this story behind the Skyward Sword.

Posted

I heard a set of rumors... One being that Link receives The Master Sword, which is actually held somewhere up in Skyloft, as if it's in a pedestal of it's own up there. Someone else also thinks that the Skyward Sword will transform into The Master Sword.

However, just rumors... I too am very interested in the story behind Skyward Sword. If it's good, I think this game will be a major turning point for the series, like LTTP and OOT were.

Posted

It's... believable at least.

Posted

I'm kinda of wanting to side with Eka's theory up there. "Spoiler": I think this could be the beginning of the master sword. I know this is probably in the wrong topic because this might be a "Theory". But seriously what if this is when the Master sword was first brought into Hyrule? It could be that Link saw that there was a world under his own and saw it was being troubled by Ganon maybe? and he uses the sword and leaves it down there for the next generations. ? Maybe.

Posted

The Master Sword was apparently made by sages or some people with magical powers. I remember this as a quote from one of the games.

I think it'd be cool that, up in Sky Loft, Link visits one of the elders of the village and he's just hammering away on a sword, then you talk to him, and leave, then eventually, you come back, and he just casually tosses you the sword we all know to be the Master Sword, but Link's just like whatever.

Posted

xD 'Been there, see that.' *shrugging ensues* Definitely. xD

I was talking about this game with a friend of mine and now I'm even more excited for it. C:

Posted

In a recent interview with Official Nintendo Magazine UK, Producer Eiji Aonuma told the London-based magazine that the studio were aiming for a release in “early 2011″. According to Aonuma:

link found here 2011

Posted

Yeah, I just read about that now. Thanks for the link, Wik3d!

Also, I believe we needs more screenshots for hype, yes? C:

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103836202_640w.jpg

Well we all remember these guys ;D

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103801204_640w.jpg

Original Art #1 (it appears Link will be right-handed in this game, so sorry Jared.)

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103805125_640w.jpg

Closer shot of Link using the "beatle" device

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103809500_640w.jpg

Original Art #2

the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103844343_640w.jpg

Original Art #3, in its original non-flipped state.

Posted

Why would they even change Link like that though?

Hopefully in the future SSB, he's a lefty. Playing as a righty for Link would be awkward for me.

Posted

Because, apparently, only 10% of the population is left-handed (I honestly think it's more 60/40, but whatever). It would make more logical sense to have him right-handed.

Then again, what would make the most logical sense would be to have a left/right flip option like every other Wii motionplus game in existence. Nintendo's just being an ass to 10% of the population.

It just sucks I'm in that 10% :(

Posted

It wasn't so much an issue for Zelda titles before the Wii, because holding the Wii remote is like holding a sword. With the old ones, you just pressed buttons so it didn't matter which hand it was. :\ Nintendo does this for the same reason Chase mentioned; though I do agree that a flip option needs to come up at some point in this franchise.

I mean, I'm a righty so I could care less for myself: but I feel bad for others. =[

Posted

I'm a righty too... But It kinda upsets me to see Link with a sword in his right hand.

Posted

I'm in the 10% too :(