Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean the 3DS with out the 3D is just a freaking DS.

Well first of all, 3D may seem gimmicky, but so did touch screens and motion control. Nintendo is pioneering video game innovation. Haven't you ever thought it would be cool to look around a corner in a video game by actually looking around a corner? 3D without glasses is a huge thing. It opens up a whole dimension to gaming that wasn't there before. And what I think is the coolest part? You can adjust how 3D you want it. That hardly makes sense, to me. Not only have they put 3D without glasses into a mass produced screen, but you can adjust how intense you want your 3D? I'm pretty sure 3D TVs don't even have that feature, and they cost thousands of dollars.

But, the 3DS is actually more different than just 3D. It has the slide pad, for instance. It also has external memory via SD cards, and a gyroscope that detects the 3DS' rotation. It has a lot more room to be great than the DS/i with how much it has going for it right now. And it's not the coolest thing about the 3DS, but it's got Gamecube/Wii level graphics, which is pretty impressive.

Also, what Jared said. To put this in perspective, OoT was on a 64 bit console, the Nintendo 64. The Gamecube was a 128? bit console. OoT3DS is Gamecube quality.

The DS/i is also a 64 bit console. The 3DS is whatever the Wii is. Bit doesn't really matter anymore, so it doesn't get mentioned as much. But there's a large difference in the capabilities between the DS and 3DS.

And it's not like OoT3DS is going to just be OoT. They're even changing plot elements in order to make this a true revamp. That makes it exciting all in itself.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I just want there to be like a Temple of Light dungeon because it always bugged me that you were just given the Light Medallion on becoming an adult. I likeeee dungeons :>

But it probably won't happen so pointless babble from me.

Also no release date yet? That's a bit of a bummer :c

enfin, 3D features sound exciting personally but hey each to their own I guess :>

Posted

So as long as 3DS games work on a DSi then I'll get OoT3DS. Which they should. I mean the 3DS with out the 3D is just a freaking DS.

How can you be so ignorant?

No, really. How?

When this information is literally a google search away, there is no excuse. NO EXCUSE.

Posted

Don't talk to me about RAM and all that I don't understand a thing of it.

Also if they're changing the plot then it's not really a remake now is it?

Posted

Don't talk to me about RAM and all that I don't understand a thing of it.

Also if they're changing the plot then it's not really a remake now is it?

Uh...I...Oh...ignorant overload...I'm shutting down...shit...

Posted

Can I not catch a break? I mean can I not say one god damn thing without someone telling me some stupid shit with a big explanation or saying something stupid? I mean at least I'm not going around left and right saying, "This game will suck and I know it and blah blah blah," like I should be doing, but I'm not. And even when I'm trying to have a nice talk something has to be said towards me that involves me being an idiot even though I've done nothing.

Posted

Can I not catch a break? I mean can I not say one god damn thing without someone telling me some stupid shit with a big explanation or saying something stupid?

Well I admit Chase was being a bit uncalled for there lol but this was never meant to be a remake. It's a revamp. They're remaking it with new elements and fresher graphics, to keep the consumers interested. It's one thing that everything looks completely different and new, but it's another that even some of the story has been changed around. It's still the same OoT story, but they've changed small details. Nothing big.

As for the 3DS capabilities, all you have to understand is that the DS can't handle 3DS games, and OoT3DS will be a true 3DS game, and that the 3DS does have more than just 3D going for it. It's a different, more powerful console, with more features, just like the Nintendo 64 was a different, more powerful console than the SNES.

And don't put down the 3D gameplay aspects until you've tried immersing yourself in it.

Even I don't know it it'll be great or not. But it works, and that counts for something.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Ok then. Whatever. I'll probably just watch a Let's Play of it when someone decides to do such a thing. Or I'll play it at my friends' house. He's buying a 3DS.

Posted

And it's not like OoT3DS is going to just be OoT. They're even changing plot elements in order to make this a true revamp. That makes it exciting all in itself.

Sahaqiel

When did they say that?!

Posted

They'll probably do like they did for Super Mario 64 DS, add a bunch of extra features and expansion while keeping the core game the same.

Posted

I Agree on being indifferent with the realease of Oot3DS alng with YLA.

Though im quite sure everyting will be similar to the N64 version, i would still recommend trying it out at least,

Maybe therell be a demo at best buy?? Hah

To make the game more convincing to buy, they should at least include some sort of master quest along with the original format b/c that version kickd butt. Plus itll be something new AND challenging unlike a repeat of thw same game youve played a million times as a kid

Posted

While they are undoubtedly counting on the fans of OoT to purchase the game, I'm confident that they're more concerned with bringing it to a new generation of gamers. They probably couldn't care less if you've played it a million times or one time. They know you'll buy it again regardless, so they're focusing on making it pretty and are probably not going to add a lot of content.

Posted

yeah, i was positive SOMEONE was going to say that...

as someone who has played zelda their entire life, i desire something more abstract. im getting tired of the same old "lets save the princess" idea, though i do admit they changed the plot to make each game unique in itself.

but youre right, the newbies are the ones they are trying to impress with all their 3D-ness...

curse them for knowing that zelda fans will buy Oot3DS regardless how many times we have played it...curses i tell you.

Posted

Even though OoT is my second favorite Zelda game, I'm going to lie. I'm actually kind of sick of it. I mean having to restart twice because of the Water Temple and knowing what to do and how to get through the child part in about an hour or an hour and a half, it gets old. Then I'm always done playing it when I get to the Spirit Temple. I don't like it very much and I just don't feel like doing it. Thing is you have to do the part where you find the carpenders and I get lost every single time so I have like one more to find as it is on my 3 heart run.

I even feel the same with MM. The only reason is because of the part with the aliens in Ramani Ranch. I mean it is easy, but it's also easy to screw up and I want to beat the game 100% again so I have to do it in order to 100% it, but it's possibly the worst side quest of the game. Not counting the faries. I never actually go them so it's like a 90% run, but whatever.

That's why I plan on getting SS even though I know I'm going to hate it. I need to play a new Zelda game now because I'm tired of replaying all the old ones.

I kinda lost the point of what I was saying and why I was saying it.

Also my laptop doesn't have spell check. Just so you know.

Posted

First off, you NEVER have to restart because of the Water Temple. Ask for help during that temple if it's too hard for you. I used to get lost a lot on the carpenter-finding thing too. Remember that you can shoot arrows and use the hookshot to knock out/freeze the guards, making it a bit easier to sneak by them. Once again, if you need help, ask for it. Or google, there are maps that show you where the carpenters are located.

I mean, it's totally normal to get tired of playing the same games, but it seems to me you're only tired of playing them because you're a masochist.