Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

idk you're on the sea

the sea has not very many leaves

Posted

Has this video been uncovered and shown on the site yet?

Just came across it now, and I've gotta say that this 'Ghirahim' fellow is certainly interesting.

My God THE FABULOUS. xD

Looking forward to his fight!

Posted

My thought about Ghirahim, as long as he doesn't pull a Zant(you know what I'm talking about) he should be one of the greatest characters in the Zelda series.

I'm actually pretty excited for Skyward Sword, I don't think November could come quick enough.

Posted

I'm pretty excited about Skyward Sword, I mean to start off the whole Ocarina of Time series, that's pretty epic.

Also I heard that the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword somewhere in the game, and I'm wondering if that's true or not. Guess I'll have to find out when I play the game later this year.

Posted

^Yeah, well the game is said to involve the forging of the Master Sword, so yeah I'd assume the Skyward Sword is that.

Posted

200px-Ghirahim.png

170px-SkywardSword.png

I unno if you guys noticed this, but Phi has that blue gem on it's chest, while Ghirahim has a red one on his sash.

Also, the Skyward Sword has Phi's gem on it, but that makes sense considering it's assumed to be the sword itself.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/3/34/Link_SS.png/796px-Link_SS.png

Ghirahim looks pretty badass. It's nice to have a major villain replace Ganondorf who isn't just a Ganondorf character clone.

Posted

I just love the art style. Of both the official artwork and the in game.

But what I really just can't get enough of

Phi's stockings.

They're just so great.

Posted

Ghirahim's so fabulous-looking, I love this villain. :D

Didn't notice how similar both jewels look though; that's interesting. o-o Then again, Phi and Ghirahim look a bit similar to one another themselves, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's some sort of plot point.

Posted

I like the art style too. From the first picture we saw of the game, I wished it would be cel-shaded or a mix of cel-shaded and realistic. I'm pretty satisfied of how it looks today! :D

Posted

But only today.

Posted

anyone heard that they said they were working on more of the gameplay and less of the story line?

Posted

*shrugs* Honestly I don't think Nintendo regarded it as highly since Ganon isn't returning as a villain (not to mention trying to get a boost in sales by offering the sweet $70 pack). I wouldn't be surprised if it was more gameplay than story, but I also wouldn't care too much about it.

Posted

Anyone heard that you only play as Link at the beginning of the game and for the rest of it you play as some guy named Raiden?

Posted

*shrugs* Honestly I don't think Nintendo regarded it as highly since Ganon isn't returning as a villain

Eka, who are you, even? ): Aonuma said he would keep trying until he made a game better than Ocarina of Time, which means he's probably pouring his heart and soul into the game. What does Ganon not appearing as the villain have to do with anything? Every Zelda, with Ganon or not, have been ambitious projects. Does Majora's Mask not mean anything to you?

If it means anything, Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma still haven't explored all the content in Skyward Sword.

Anyone heard that you only play as Link at the beginning of the game and for the rest of it you play as some guy named Raiden?

lol

best thing you've ever said.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Eka, who are you, even? ): Aonuma said he would keep trying until he made a game better than Ocarina of Time, which means he's probably pouring his heart and soul into the game. What does Ganon not appearing as the villain have to do with anything? Every Zelda, with Ganon or not, have been ambitious projects. Does Majora's Mask not mean anything to you?

If it means anything, Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma still haven't explored all the content in Skyward Sword.

lol

best thing you've ever said.

Sahaqiel

Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. Nintendo knows that if they announce a Zelda game, its a natural goldmine. Either they were nonstop working on this idea for 4 years soon after Twilight Princess came out, or they simply took a break for a bit. We're told that Aonuma's working hard to make something to best OoT, at least.

Zelda games with the original trio sometimes strike a chord with me more than stuff like Majora's Mask. I think MM is interesting, but its definitely not my favorite Zelda game of the ones I've played. Since I tend to like the Zelda games with Ganon more than others, it leads me to believe that they put more work and thought into these sorts of games than others. It's not like they're going to half-ass a game with Ganon, Link and Zelda all in it; there'd be outrage.

However, I /have/ only played around two other Zelda games without Ganon as a villain, so I can't really justify my theory entirely (unless there's around 2 games total without Ganon. I've no idea). It's just my opinion.

One thing I am really looking forward to in the game, however, is the relationship between Link and Zelda. LxZ fans exist ofc, but I've never really thought 'I ship these two, they're adorable together.' SS seems to be putting it forward a bit more and making it more apparent.