Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

oh hey the actual pinned topic and everything.

I'm currently in the fourth dungeon, holy squid it is absolutely amazing graphically! Sooo prettyyyy, but the unfortunate implications are running wild loll. Currently have found nine pieces of hearts, some amount of Goddess Cubes (lots) and why are all the characters and places and stuff to do so gosh darn addicting and fun :<

Basically, so far, SS has met my expectations GREATLY. Sooooo worth the waittttt. <3

oh and wheee merginggg

Posted

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster here. Just wanted to give my thoughts on Skyward Sword now that it's out and I've had a chance to play through it.

I've beaten the game twice now, once on normal mode and once on hero mode. I have to say, it almost got better on my second time through. I'm gonna give my thoughts on the positive and negative things on the game, don't worry, it's spoiler free.

Short list of positive things:

+ The motion controls, once you get used to them, works like a charm. I have never had more fun fighting enemies in a Zelda game, although some enemies don't telegraph which direction you need to swing at them enough (I'm looking at you, Lizalfos. Don't know how many hits I've taken from them).

+ The story gets really interesting the further you progress. They did and excellent job at keeping you in the dark regarding what's really going on. There are quite a few "WHAAAAAAAT!?" moments.

+ The orchestrated music is fantastic. The music of the second dungeon especially stands out in my mind. Also, some of the scenes that appear a bit into the game involving singing are just jaw-dropping in how beautiful they are.

+ The graphics, at least on my TV, look really good. Sure, there are a few textures that look kinda blurry if you study them up close, but Nintendo has done an amazing job with the graphics considering the kind of hardware they're working with. Easily the prettiest Wii-game to date.

+ Most of the puzzles are very clever. Even on my second time through I got stuck a few times and had to really think about how to tackle the problems when my memory failed me.

Short list of negative things:

- Some things feel like they really could have been done without the motion controls. Usually they don't feel like a gimmick, but ocassionally you just wish you could be using the control stick instead. Would have been nice to have the option of using the controls stick for certain things.

- Some things get a little repetetive after a while. Not gonna spoil anything, but there's a certain fight that gets a little tiresome. You will know it when you get there.

- Dowsing (I don't consider that a spoiler as you get the ability like 30 minutes into the game) sometimes takes away a bit of the feeling of free exploration. You tend to to jump into first-person view just scanning the area quite a bit.

- Some (read: very few) of the mini-games feel like they should not have been part of the main story, but rather be an optional thing. It sometimes feels like the game forces you to master a particular skill that's unrelated to the rest of the game just to be able to progress.

Conclusion:

While it may seem that I have pointed out quite a few negative things, that's all nit-picking. Overall, Skyward Sword is a fantastic experience. As soon as I've 100%'ed both of my current save files, I might even start up a third playthrough. I have not had this much fun with a game for years, and honestly, I might actually consider this the best Zelda game ever, at least gameplay-wise.

Posted

Finished the game last night and I'd have to say that I am highly pleased. About to start hero mode to see what the differences are.

Posted

I HAVE COMPLETED THE SIXTH DUNGEON, this game is still amazing eeeee <3 Seriously, everything about it is amazing and exceeded all my expectations :'> It's actually hard! And with lovable characters! And great design! etc! Only fault is that sometimes the controls feel like squidding up on me but it's not /too bad/ I just need to re-calliberate or w/e the Wii Remote and it usually goes away!

The fourth Dungeon and the lead-up to it is still my favouritest part of the game so far, I have to say. But I've enjoyed it all really. Best Boss Ever. Seriously. <3

Also I really like Ghirahim??? He's actually kinda scary imo lol, I think he's a p. good villain so far! Totally weird since I was expecting a Vaati clone but hey I won't complain lol.

But this is where I stop for awhile now, b'awww going back to uni tomorrow :c unless I actually bother to take my Wii with me WHICH I MIGHT ACTUALLY DO now that I think of it. oh god the dilemma.

And of course Batreaux for best character ever btw <3

Rambly Jumbly thought-train is over lol.

Posted

The fourth Dungeon and the lead-up to it is still my favouritest part of the game so far, I have to say. But I've enjoyed it all really. Best Boss Ever. Seriously. <3

yessssssssss

Posted

I've finally reached the final boss of the game now, I'll probably fight him in a few days or so, when not too busy! But really, there hasn't actually... been a part of SS that I've hated doing, or didn't have fun with, you know? I see so many complaints about stuff such as:

The Tadtone collecting (one of my favourite parts of the game actually! Such cute musical fishies :3 And I seriously love swimming and Faron Woods so the combo was amazing lol), or the Bokoblin Stealth Section, or the Sky Keep (thought it was a cleverly designed and fun dungeon personally, and a good last dungeon for the game). Idk, so many differing opinions from mine :c oh well.

and the controls were not an issue for me at all :S Well, the harp kinda sucks sometimes (damn minigame aaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhh). But really, I would say one of my favourite Zelda games! :>

I guess I'll list all my favourite bosses/dungeons so far, or something:

BOSSES

1. Koloktos

2. Ghirahim 2

3. Ghirahim 3

4. Tentalus

5. Moldarach

6. Levias/Bilocyte

7. Ghirahim 1

8. Scaldera

9. The Imprisoned (all times)

DUNGEONS

1. Ancient Cistern

2. Skyview Temple

3. Sandship

4. Sky Keep

5. Fire Sanctuary

6. Earth Temple

7. Lanayru Mining Facility

oh, most importantly, Kikwis seriously need to appear in all future Zelda games. Like, so squidding cute!!! ;w; especially when they hide lolllll, I want to pet one so baddddd ablooblooblooo :3c

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

I'm on my way to the 6th dungeon, but I'm in a Spirit Trial right now (and having difficulty getting through it, blergh).

I hate these things so much.

Besides those, this game is so fantastic. <3

Posted

Ghirahim reminds me of Vamp from MGS2...

46303536.jpg

he reminds me of Vamp so goddamn much...

Posted

I picked up this game on Monday merely by coincidence, I was initially going to the store for a copy of LittleBigPlanet2 when I saw this. My siblings and I put all of my money to this. Yep.

I believe that I am currently in the 5th dungeon right now.

Posted

About to

beat Demise's face in. He's just waiting in the demonic portal

while I go and stock up on potions and stuff.

So goddang glad

I beat Ghirahim in his ultimate form in one go.

I ended up with one heart left too, eep. Also I never want to see another Bokoblin again because of what went on in that battle. :I

Posted

Have a craptastic short SS video from me.

[spoilers, kids.]

Posted

Bounce your ideas back and forth... ferally? for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, the wacky mirrored version with motion controls!

Posted

Get your head in the clouds and talk about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, the Zelda game that is pretty much all the Zelda games!

Posted

First things first;

I need to obtain Skyward Sword. My friend borrowed it from me when I got it for christmas and I STILL haven't played it :<

Posted

reminds me that i need to remind emma to give erics copy back sometime.

also, zeldas harp :3 im such a prop addict hrnghh i wanna go make so many things right now