Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

Justin Bieber Is Sexxxy <3

Posted

Who cares. Stop ruining converstations.

Anyway, the game is looking amazing so far, it's a bummer there's no info still from E3. But only a few months remain!

Something I noticed from the E3 trailer is that when Link is pulling his slighshot back, he was a COMEPLETE lefty. His front belt, sword, shield, and Slingshot placement.

Strange. But I just hope for the lefties and the wanna-be-Link-ers there will be a left handed option. It will feel and look awkward to me when I play.

Posted

Humph. I'd rather look at SS's graphic than Justin Beepers ugly face.

Also I don't care if it's left handed, but what about right handed people who aren't ambidexterous? Like me.

Posted

Gotta agree with you here, Jared. He's also a lefty with the bow. Your sig has it flipped though :/

A left-handed option would be much appreciated. I've tried playing games, such as Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Twilight Princess, and Darkside Chronicles with my right hand, and...sad to say I look like an uncoordinated idiot. I can barely hold the wiimote steady, which leads to misses purely because I was shaking too bad. Plus, my right hand gets p. tired. You (right handers) try playing any of those games completely with your left hand and you'll see what I mean. However, I don't have any problem playing with my left hand. Probably because I'm left-handed. Go figure.

I believe they said that there wouldn't be a left-handed option, which frankly is a bitch move considering the accuracy with which you have to swing the wii remote.

Besides that, the game looks promising, to say the least.

Posted

Just to say couldn't you, I don't know, play with your left hand anyway? I mean just because Link is right handed in the game doesn't stop you from being able to play with your left hand does it?

Then again I wouldn't really know. I'm right handed.

Also the game look really difficult to play. I mean with the bomb rolling. I mean sure you'd get it after a while, but it would still be really difficult by the looks of it.

Posted

I can play most games with my left hand because they do not use Wii Motion Plus. Twilight Princess works because, instead of making precise movements, all you have to do is flick your wrist.

With Skyward Sword, the movement is much more precise. If I tried to play with my left hand, Link would always have his sword across his chest, like this:

screengrab_480.jpg

Picture that the whole game...plus, to swing, I would always have to swing across my chest. If I swung like a normal person, who knows what Link would do.

Regardless...it would be much simpler if they would include a left-handed option. Much simpler.

Posted

IGN: In past Zelda games, people noticed that Link was obviously left-handed. And I know that all the Zelda games are stand-alones -- but in this particular game, will there be a lefty option for left-handed people?

Aonuma: It's interesting because people say "all you have to do is switch it." But in reality, it's really hard. You have to change all the models -- you have to make two of everything. So really you're making two complete games, one left-handed version and one right-handed version. We just can't do that. For Twilight Princess, what we did was just create a mirror -- we flipped everything. And if that worked I guess we could do it that way, but again having to create two games is not something we want to do. We just hope that people will play it right-handed.

So it seems to me that they won't make a left-handed version. On the off chance they do decide to, it will be a mirror like Twilight Princess. Which I can live with, honestly.

Posted

Oh yeah. I forgot about Wii Motion Plus. Chances are if you do it like a normal person the game would assume you're going to opposite way.

Posted

Why don't they just dual layer the disc, like Brawl? Maybe if they did that, one "disc" would be lefty, and one would be righty.

They did it for Wii Sports and resort, why not this?!

And does it really take so much space for a simple model of Link flip handed? Jeez.

Posted

Though I am left handed, I can use most everything besides a pencil with my right hand too. I'm guessing that isn't usual, though.

Posted

I'm fairly certain it's a simple process to flip the model.

Posted

How, and why Aethix?

Posted

Yeah, I don't think it would take too much work just to flip the model. The only reason I can think of for them not deciding to do it would be because they want to to things with link's model that are very specific in game to which side of link it happens to. And I don't think they're going to do that.

Posted

But that's not very fair, favoring to one side of people.

Just because people can be lefties like me doesn't mean they should be left out because of laziness.

Posted

Id rather them flip the entire game (like Twilight Princess) than say it is too hard.

I'd rather they just admit to being lazy and apologize rather than make excuses.

Mario's hair is too hard so I'll put on a hat...lazy.