Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skyrim

243 posts in this topic

Posted

ive already decided that once i have the power to do so, i am going to find/choose a tiny city and wipe it off the map.

or at least, kill everyone and everything in it.

Posted

Guys, I have a 1005 gold bounty on my head and I think it's from Markarth(sp?).

They refuse to arrest me.

I'm pretty sure I've spoken to every guard in every city.

I am bountied forever.

Welcome to the club!

Posted

I suppose I deserve it considering I unleashed a bunch of mad men on the city.

Hey, if any of you join the Dark Brotherhood, there's a wall there. If you shout in the Sanctuary, you get a letter :>

Also, if I had to wipe a city off a map, it would be Winterhold. :>

Posted

Just finished bringing the Stormcloaks to victory. Gosh, General Tullius's parting words were pretty ominous. About how the Thalmor intended for this to happen, and that the empire wasn't the real enemy here. War with Thalmor should be DLC. Or just the whole of Summerset Isle, that would rock.

Also my game is being all glitchy since I started it up today idk. Laggy when in battle, slow to respond to input when talking with NPCs and the battle music never stopped even after five minutes of peace and quiet in the wilderness following the completion of the civil war quests.

Posted

I've heard about that problem with Skyrim.

After you get so far it starts lagging terribly. Apparently has something to do with how the game saves data.

They should be releasing a patch for it eventually.

Posted

The problem is, they already released the patch to fix it. >_>

Posted

No, they released that patch on Monday for PS3.

And it's a relatively new file.

I think it was maybe just something to do with how long I was playing it. Not sure how long I'd been playing for.

I'd been awake for like 24 hours beforehand as well, so I could have lost track of time / imagined it was worse than it was.

It was also a pretty full screen during big imperial v stormcloaks battles, so it'd be understandable to have a bit of screentear. It went away once I looked and ran away from the battle for a bit to fight people on the fort walls though. Don't think I'd ever had to have so much going on at once, that could have been the problem.

I'll play it again and see if problems persist.

Posted

Yeah, when you play Skyrim you lose the ability to tell time in our world.

You start playing, soon you think "Why am I so hungry?" and then you realize that it is 3am and you skipped 2 meals

Posted

just swing by the nearest town, kill a horse, and eat it. problem solved.

oh wait.

also, i cant wait to see what kind of bitching my laptop is going to do when im playing skyrim. i mean, it gets huffy when i have a large empire in civilization V. seriously, the lag is just /horrible/. which sucks, as i /love/ making a huge milataristic empire. really, whenever i play, the only win condition i have on in that game is "conquer everything". why it lags is beyond me, though, as my laptop was the best available when i bought it (which is why my moms new laptop with twice the power pisses me off so much) and CivVs graphics arent all that fancy-looking, imo. probably too detailed for how i play it, at least.

guess im just gonna have to plug in an SD card and a couple flash drives, and see how fast i can make my baby go. though im p sure that after a certain point, having so much external memory actually will cause lag, but in the meantime...

on a side note, using a mod to allow skyrim to use all my memory instead of 1 GB or whatever fixed some wonky graphics i had been having....namely, parts of my screen would flash red, and just generally be screwed up. so dumping more memory on it will probably make my life better...i hope.

Posted

why it lags is beyond me, though, as my laptop was the best available when i bought it (which is why my moms new laptop with twice the power pisses me off so much) and CivVs graphics arent all that fancy-looking, imo. probably too detailed for how i play it, at least.

I hear that. I have a desktop computer that is running windows xp. It currently has 2 free GB of storage because the hard drive sucks. I tried to put in a second hard drive (500 GB), but then my bitchy computer just refuses to run at all.

Meanwhile my mom uses the computer I use for skyrim. It has tons of memory. It is very fast. She uses it for AOL, Facebook, and watching episodes of Coronation Street.

Posted

i have a 450 GB hard drive (well, thats the usable part) and only 184 GB is open atm....70+ of that is JUST my music collection. basically, i need to reorganize everything using my external hard drive...maybe permanently attach it to my computer, idk. probably with duct tape, as well, to make sure i dont take it off when i go to move Konpi.

my dad tried to justify my moms RAM by saying "well, she uses printshop. printshop is basically what my family blames for how slow my moms desktop runs. to be fair, though, she tends to have 15 internet explorers open, each with 20 tabs, printshop, 5 microsoft words....and hell if i know what else. she also doesnt update windows ever, which i suspect causes windows to suicide in the hopes of you rebooting it (aka massive inexplicable lag). so odds are, she really does chew more memory using a million tiny programs than me and my videogames....though i appreciate RAM more :<

Posted

No, they released that patch on Monday for PS3.

And it's a relatively new file.

I think it was maybe just something to do with how long I was playing it. Not sure how long I'd been playing for.

I'd been awake for like 24 hours beforehand as well, so I could have lost track of time / imagined it was worse than it was.

It was also a pretty full screen during big imperial v stormcloaks battles, so it'd be understandable to have a bit of screentear. It went away once I looked and ran away from the battle for a bit to fight people on the fort walls though. Don't think I'd ever had to have so much going on at once, that could have been the problem.

I'll play it again and see if problems persist.

I should be able to shed some light on this. I don't remember where I read this, but when I was playing Fallout 3 I noticed it kept freezing after I had played for a while. I searched online and someone brought up an interesting suggestion. Apparently the PS3 doesn't use its RAM very efficiently. The more you play without turning it off, the slower and slower it gets because the less RAM it has available to use. If you turn it off, it refreshes the RAM and won't freeze as much.

Just a theory, but it seems probable.

Posted

Oddly enough, I have yet to encounter that problem.

Posted

Sayuri has Skyrim on PS3?

Posted

Sayuri has Skyrim on PS3?

Teto didn't know this?