Majora's Mask Opera

80 posts in this topic

Posted

Just informing that the vocal samples will be late. I had said they would appear somewhere in January.

Well, it seems the date we managed to set up for ONE (hopefully two) of the recordings is two Sundays from now.

So... sorry about the wrong prediction.

Delays happen, something everyone is bound to do once in a while. Keep up the good work!

Posted

Hey, man, just wanted to let you know that while I was skeptical as of your first post on the Stone Tower of Babel article, and of the first post here, by this page I was so impressed I registered just to post on this thread! Right on!

Uh, Not to toot my own horn, but if you're operating out of anywhere within an hour or so of the Monterey Bay area of California (Pebble Beach, Salinas, San Jose and Santa cruz an hour away), I'm a baritone/bass willing to work for no pay and drive myself wherever!

:D

In any event, I will watch this thread with GREAT interest.

Posted

Haha! Thanks!

I'm in Portugal, though, and definitive "operations" won't happen until after certain things are made clear. I'm recording these vocal samples because I want minimally decent material to show Operation Moonfall. As a solid fan-base who has already communicated with Nintendo, they can be a powerful way of assimilating support over this, and strengthen the proposition for Nintendo.

There is a wide scope of possible reactions, from a totally destructive one to a helpful one, and the hundreds of possibilities inbetween, so until then I cannot be 100% sure of how, where and how this will be executed, although I have a handful of possibilities already planned or at least sketched out.

Regardless of any outcome, I will finish the opera, as I promised I would. That's what's completely up to me

Kaynil likes this

Posted

Arright. Still, I wait with bated breath!

Posted

Just to let you know, the Clock Town choir vocal sample was recorded today. I will probably only have access to the WAVs on Wednesday.

The choir is split in half by Kafei's recitativo, which, along with the Mayor's Council Room fugato, is intended to be recorded in two weeks.

I'm rehearsing the latter tomorrow morning.

Posted

To the explanation-mobile!

As you remember, samples were promised some time ago. Well, they were recorded. It was the Clock Town Choir. There were some setbacks that made the recordings unusable, so other methods had to be used (live and learn).

It became faster to skip ahead to the next sample while the first was being redone, so here it is:

This is a demo, and as such the singers who kindly helped with its making are not professional opera singers. If you like what you hear, imagine what a real opera could do with it!

Other demos will follow. Faster, this time. Stay tuned. I will soon open a blog to organize all of this.

P.S: Mind the accents. xD

Ganny and Michael like this

Posted

This is actually

really great

I'll be following this a lot closer, but very impressive so far, Berlioz!

Posted

Man, I keep forgetting to check this thread. I'm glad to see you're still working so hard on it.

Posted

Very nice, it gives me chills. I know this is just demo to show the potential and I see it.

Keep it up.

Posted

We should really push this opera thing, since you've so graciously chosen to post on our currently small-time forum.

Probably front page news pushing.

Kaynil likes this

Posted

agreement, because this is pretty legit