7 posts in this topic

Posted

Soooo I am going to be doing a panel for an anime convention coming up in January and I need your input!!

First things first, this will be taking place at Ohayocon 2012. Is there anyone out there who will be going?? I will be one of the many dressed up as princess zelda -_^

Now, next, you as the zelda fans, what would you expect or like to see at a panel involving zelda??

I would just like opinions and ideas, because honsestly, this is the first panel I have done and want to make sure it will be a great success, and your input will be greatly appreciated!!!

One thing i know, I do not want it to be some discussion panel for an hour, there is so much that can be done, and so little time....

Some ideas I currently have are various games to play, pictures, discussion, actually playing games such as links crossbow on the wii....mayb papercrafts....and costume contest.... any thoughts/input????

Posted

Ooh, papercrafts would be pretty sweet. If you do those, I'd stick to simple ones that can be completed before the end of the panel.

As for what should be discussed, I'm not sure. Maybe you could look at the direction Nintendo's been taking witht he franchise and where you can see it going. A panel could also be a good place to introduce people to Zelda stuff they may not be familiar, like BS Zelda, the Japanese Tingle games, some of the strange merchandise that's been released. Really, it's your panel, so pick topics that interest you, and chances are the energy you put into the presentation will be infectious.

Posted

I've been going to Ohaycon for the past couple of years. May or may not go this year as I'm not really into anime any more. But some of my friends are going so who knows?

However, I don't go to many panels, so I'm sorry but I don't have too much to say. I mostly enjoy the interactive, physical panels rather than the discussion panels. Last year at Ohayocon they had a LARP/scavenger hunting game/panel. That was ridiculously fun.

Posted

hmmm that does sound pretty awesome.... scavenger panels.... i think i remember that, all though i ended up being to late to play and was very saddened by this....

I think an intro to zelda would be good for discussion, and after that, it definatly needs to be something all interactive...cause for one, I am not very good at talking in large groups...and im pretty sure that at some point the discussion may die...especially if only so many people showed up...im thinking perhaps different "stations" with different activities at each one... soo papercrafts at one, wii games at another, costume design/contest...mayb like a hylian scavenger hunt??? bwhaha this will be so fun!

what else.... to do??

Posted

sounds like youre trying to do a lot at once....i hope you have help, or it might get crazy.

i havent been to too many panels myself, so im not sure how all that would work out....it sounds more like youd need an activity room than just a panel :P

Posted

oh yes I have lots of help heh...There are a total of like 5 of us and we are all doing our own panel...one is doing minecraft, one some sewing things..idk what the other ones are doing yet, but we are all helping each other out with them all...im just in charge of the zelda one of course =D

i hope they give me a big room then for that...and i wish it was longer then an hour!!! AHHHH!!

Posted

If you know a lot about the Zelda series, you might want to discuss theories, or maybe even your favorite parts of each series.

(If you talk about favorite series, don't let anyone say anything about Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time unless they can explain fully why they think so)

You know what, don't talk about theories.

I think a Crossbow Training contest would be fun.

Maybe discussing each of the games' unique and great points?