Has anyone noticed...

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone noticed that Navi is short for Navigator? It's just something I realized.

Posted

I wouldn't go so far as to assume Navi was derivative of navigator. Navi has many more abilities than just finding the way, and it would infer other fairy characters were derivatives of things, like tatl and tael, and oh shit I literally did not make a connection between their two names until I was typing this (I also did not know their names because I didn't play the game)

Maybe you're right? Still seems like a stretch to me.

Posted

id wanna know where ezlo came from, then, if they all (probably) have names like that.

Posted

The point I was making is that I don't think they all have names like that, which is why I don't think Navi has a name like that.

Posted

I was just wondering if anybody had noticed.

Posted

I wouldn't go so far as to assume Navi was derivative of navigator. Navi has many more abilities than just finding the way, and it would infer other fairy characters were derivatives of things, like tatl and tael, and oh shit I literally did not make a connection between their two names until I was typing this (I also did not know their names because I didn't play the game)

Maybe you're right? Still seems like a stretch to me.

Omg I just realized that when you put their names together it makes... Taeltatl.

Mind=blown.

Seriously though I figured this out 4 or 5 years ago.

Posted

I had no idea about the Navigator thing. Pretty cool.

But, I did know about the TatlTael, which fits into Majora's Mask nicely.

Posted

i actually somehow missed the tatltael thing. probably because i couldnt remember their names half the time.

Posted

Navi is definitely short for navigator, lol.

Because she, you know. Navigates you through the game. By giving you hints and tips and stuff.

There is no other reason her name would be like this. Just like how Midna's name is Midna because it relates to a phase of night, (midnight) and she is the princess of the Twili, which is short for Twilight.

am i making sense

Posted

Just like Fi is for Film Student, because she has a can-do attitude

Posted

How did people not know about the Tatl-Tael thing

I figured that out when I first played the game in 2000 -_-

Posted

Didn't know about it because I didn't actually know their names at all, and googled them to make a point.

And King of Red Lions is named for all the Red Lions you see everywhere right

Posted

i feel like theres gotta be something behind that too, i mean, they didnt just wake up and go "hey, let name him the king of red lions!"

i know lions tend to be associated with royalty, blah blah, or it could just be his face, as it looks like an asian lion statue's. and red, idk, maybe related to the courage/din/red association in the series. the king part is obvious, though.

ran a quick search on this, to see if the japanese name (Aka Shishi no Ō) has any hints. Aka--red (duh) shishi--specifically a chinese guardian lion, Ou--king. Red Chinese Guardian Lion(s)'s King. yup, we are back to square one on this.

Posted

Courage/Din/Red? What.

Din/Red/Power

Farore/Green/Courage

Nayru/Blue/Wisdom

And yeah, Navi/Navigator I always assumed. Didn't catch the Tatl-Tael though.

Posted

i probably shouldnt make posts when half asleep :< i think i thre din with courage because its cooler. but green tunic/courage duhhhhh, Chimetals. jeegus.

also, this <--Link for those who are using the white background

456px-Comparison.png