Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recreation of Ocarina of Time: What do you think?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone,

My name is Morganic. I'm doing a recreation of Zelda: Ocarina of Time through Minecraft. On my channel you will see the process of building it through timelapses and the designs. Feel free to have input and help me get the best design possible for this. I also do Let's Plays for Minecraft, Aventurecraft and very soon I'll be adding console games as well. Come check out my channel and please Subscribe for more! http://www.youtube.c...ic?feature=mhee

New Zelda build posted every Saturday!

Skip to 8:18 to see Korkiri Forest almost complete:

Posted

youve set out for one heck of a project here. are you gonna build the dungeons as well, or just the outsides? and when youre done, are you gonna put the world files somewhere on the internet? (if so id recommend putting your name somewhere, like having a start screen, and then a file select screen off the OoT area in some sort of non-interfering manner)

Posted

I plan on recreating inside and out as exact as possible. Once I get to the end of completion..my guess would be a couple of months from now being 100% satisfied with it, I have thought of 2 things: 1. Possible making it a mod (ie map for adventure craft) and having a ooct playable for minecraft. 2. Making the map downloadable for others to mess around in. As a go along I am trying to improve my skills to make #1 possible. As I get closer I will let everyone know what I plan to do it with it all. Please subscribe! Ill be putting videos up every Saturday on my progress!

Posted

While you're not the first one to consider building scale sizes of zelda maps in minecraft(We have an entire dedicated server if you'll observe this thread), this certainly is one of the most ambitious I've seen. I thought I was being ambitious by trying to create attlp's hyrule castle as an adventure map, but every dungeon in minecraft accessible? Let alone playable? You have your work cut out for you. Also, feel free to come build with us any time.

Posted

That would be great thanks for the offer!

Posted

I wish you luck when you get to Death Mountain...

Posted

Awesome! Good luck, can't wait to see more of the map.

Posted

I wish you luck when you get to Death Mountain...

two words: shadow temple.

Posted

Awesome!! Keeps us posted!

Posted

I tried that same thing. It took me 2 years just to develop places, characters, and a story line, so I got frustrated some time in the middle of the game. When I was done, though it turned out to be quite easy. Keep up the good work and try to mix stuff up.