Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3DS System Update: Video Camera and Nintendo Zone

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Recently, Nintendo released a 3DS system update, upgrading the camera with the capacity of recording up to 10 min of video at a time. In addition, they have introduced the Nintendo Zone app, which allows access to special content and offers by connecting to it at any participating location. I assume locations will range from game stores to expos.

I haven't been able to connect to Nintendo Zone myself, the guys at Gamestop told me that in the future they will probably have something for it. Videos are pretty great too.

There are also updates to StreetPass Plaza, adding a large amount of content to it, including achievements. I earned like 20 as soon as i booted it up.

EDIT: checked the content. It includes an upgraded sequel to Find Mii, which has more functionality inside of it like potions that you can buy in combat with coins, the ability to team up similar/same colored characters for extra power, and the ability to hire players you have already encountered for a price that depends on their level. I plowed through almost the entire thing with the 260 play coins (stopping at the final boss because i felt like that was a good place to stop burning coins) and spent the rest on puzzle pieces

people always complained that everyone picked blue as their color. I stopped complaining after teaming 2 level 7's up turned out to be enough to kill every enemy in the game with one attack excluding the last level

Only thing thats missing is the 10 GBA ambassador titles

Posted

oh, cool. I should update my 3DS for some of this stuff. Of course, none of those Nintendo Zones will be available to me until I live in a bigger centre. That or they start giving people achievements for bringing their 3DS to ridiculously remote locations, which could be make for strange road trips.

Posted

Yeah, climbing to the top of Mt. St. Helens so I can get new outfits for my DQ9 characters? Hellz yeah! (actually it's kind of sad I couldn't think of too many 3DS games that would possibly come with DLC)

Actually, offering the right content at specific locations could make for some sweet pilgrimages. Like, say, a free VC version of Earthbound in a few choice locations at a certain time.

Posted

edited main post

Posted

man...earthbound and mother and legal limbo. you might wanna hit up the fan translation, if you havent already.

and for all that mii stuff, i would need to make a mii. and to do that, id have to rewrite my entire personality to accept avatars that irritate me to represent me.

how about an update to make miis more my kind of thing? myeh, ill be waiting a while for that.....too picky or something.

Posted

jesus squidding christ chimetals i will make it look like squidding mihashi or whatever this isnt that hard

Posted

so much use of the f-bomb over a mii :<

and you dont understaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, t1g, you dont understaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

Posted

i seem to have a pretty good grasp on why you are so stubborn on this

chimetals this is really stupid

this is just really really really stupid

Posted

its wrong to like pretty things? you should take that up with the local art major, on why art is bad.

and its not stupid, thats like saying liking adorable hikkikomori girls is stupid.

Posted

when did i imply it was wrong to like pretty things

and how is anything you just said an argument for anything. you tried to use hikikimori girls as an argument somehow???