Zelda Timeline Confirmed Possibly

20 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.linkshide...w&articleid=716

So, apparently there's not just a split of two games, but THREE. One of them is where the Hero of Time fails, apparently, which starts up A Link to the Past and all that follow that timeline.

kbJX4.jpg

It's not COMPLETELY confirmed, yet, which you can tell if you go to the site I've linked, but it's apparently what Kotaku has gotten from the book.

Posted

It seems like something they'd put out for the 25th anniversary. I guess I can dig it, but it's disappointing that Minish Cap is before OoT considering how backwards they were being, and it's kind of crazy that they would have a third timeline split leading into LttP, because if he failed, then why is LttP not in evil-land? I guess if this is confirmed then I'll put my worries to rest, but they can't have like, said the split was during OoA? I mean, it had a LOT of time travel. idk. There are definitely things here that hardcore theorists will tear apart. But I don't really care anymore. Nintendo can do what they want.

Posted

So how exactly does Link to the Past fit into a third split? is is just a universe where Ocarina of Time didn't happen at all? Or is it the universe Link leaves behind when he travels back to the past?

Posted

The timeline where Link messes up.

And DIES!

Essentially, all the collective game overs made by every single person who's ever played Zelda accumulated enough to be canon.

Posted

Or Navi crashes into that post on the way to see Link and dies. So he sleeps in.

Posted

It's surprising that Nintendo had a timeline (or could even conceive a timeline) at all, but I think it's more surprising that with one (admittedly dubious) move of creating a third split, they tied things up pretty cleanly. There are certainly small problems with it (Trident of Power, Minish Cap etc.) but it's clean and aesthetically pleasing.

Posted

lol

But yeah, it's pretty solid, for the most part.

Capcom, y u make MC so post WWWWWWWWW.

I actually just kind of said, "Well, screw minute details" when I noticed that TP Hylian was on the box art for SS.

Posted

Every game has game over split timeline.

New timeline: every game is the first game.

Posted

I'm comfortable with the overall sequence of games for the timeline but can't help but be bothered by that first split. The transition from Ocarina of Time to A Link to the Past... Link's failure leads to that? I am not too happy with a Game-Over counting as a canon ending, when for the longest time, it has been clear that Link obviously didn't die.

What is with the introduction to this third split? I have no choice but to reject the word of God. I certainly hope that the meaning behind this will be cleared up soon.

Posted

In a few days, the book will be translated by someone and we'll all understand and be able to hate things and stuff, etc.

Posted

totally getting that book when it hits the states...this also helps me and earthy in our plan to play all the zelda games in chronological order, even with the third timeline.

i cant really reject anything, since i dont remember the games in much detail....dungeons, sure, if only a little. but plot? "hey link, go save zelda".

yeah, i paid a looooot of attention as a child.

Posted

I totally did.

EVERY DETAIL CHIMETALS

Posted

The timeline where Link messes up.

And DIES!

Essentially, all the collective game overs made by every single person who's ever played Zelda accumulated enough to be canon.

Well, that explains Adventure of Link being at the end of one of the timelines.

For the most part I don't worry too much about the timelines, since most of the earlier games are only here through some sort of retcon. It's nice that they released this though, and I look forward to reading the book when it comes out in NA.

Posted

Chimetals, you should let me watch you two do it in order. I want to understaaaaand.