Zelda Timeline Confirmed Possibly

20 posts in this topic

Posted

oh gosh, that's p. clever actually Fort! :o

also, LOL, going on the Gamefaqs Zelda boards and watching all the fan-wank debates over the timeline is hilarious :') Why do they get so into it??? I mean, sure I like to know about how the games are connected and shit, but, ehh, I'll be able to deal with the hastily thrown-together at the last minute timeline gosh.

Posted

I feel like I'm personally responsible for the timeline split where Link dies. :-(

Posted

Link doesn't die. He disappears from that timeline altogether after traveling forward 7 years for the last time.

Posted

Link doesn't die. He disappears from that timeline altogether after traveling forward 7 years for the last time.

This is correct. When Zelda warps him back after the last battle, he warp him before he met Zelda. that's why she's so shocked to see him, and that's why he doesn't run up to her instead of walking this where they become friends, after he tells her what Ganondorf will do, which them she tells her father. Then, MM. The timeline that Link was in first, where he went to Below the Well, Spirit Temple, etc. was never returned to, so Zelda was found, and Ganondorf took over, thus the "Dead" timeline, I'm assuming because the Zelda in THAT timeline thought he died.

Just think about it. The "If Link" died thing doesn't make sense. It's either one of the other. Life or death. If Link won, and didn't die, the ALttP timeline would have never happened. And vice versa, with the Majora's Mask.

Posted

Yeah there's two games where Link doesn't return and Ganon becomes super powerful. Those two games are Wind Waker and A Link to the Past.

The Wind Waker timeline is the one where Adult Link sealed Ganon away and then Zelda sent him back in time. Since he was no longer in that realm, when Ganon broke free, there was no one to stop him from taking over. So the gods sealed Hyrule away beneath the sea and a new hero was born.

In A Link to the Past, it talks about how Ganon rose to power and gained the triforce and they were forced to seal that realm away. The hero was gone, or, rather, he never became a hero in the first place. It was right after Link got the silver gauntlets from the Spirit Temple. After that, he never returned to that particular timeline. So Ganondorf got the Triforce of Power and there wasn't anyone around to stop him. Thus, ALTTP Link had to step in and become the new hero.

Also, just found this which I highly agree with. It's pretty much exactly what I think: