My Uncle

24 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I never told anyone here (But Plantar/Roc/Brian) that my uncle has pancreatic cancer, also known as one of the worst cancers like, ever. He was diagnosed with level 4 at the end of October. Lately, he has been getting worse.

And last night, he fell into a coma (I think?), and still hasn't gotten up, and can only respond with a moan or groan.

So, they say he is going to pass tonight. We all took it hard, except my dad kept it in (He's his brother). However, me and my sister got told we didn't really care, so we argued (While crying) about that, and we forgave and learned our lessons.

Then, we started talking about fun and funny times he had with us, especially when we were kids. My mom said she "Couldn't keep him away", and he always stayed with me while I had surgery, from 4 to 17-years-old now. :)

We cried a lot, but honestly, we still don't know he's gone yet. But, I'm glad our family is okay, and I'm glad I came to cope with it like I did.

And please...all of you. NEVER take ANYONE for granted. Because you will never know, one day they could be gone or dead. :)

I love you guys. I know I don't show it much. I really do.

Posted (edited)

It is so very cliche to say that, "Don't take anyone for granted." However, it is true that it isn't a very nice thing to do. Personally, I always try my best to appreciate the people around me.

As for the situation with your uncle, I wish the best of luck to befall upon you and your family.

I love you too, Jareddude.

Edited by Professor Nevara (see edit history)

Posted

This kinda reminds me of my late grandmother's passing, she passed away like...two months ago, I know what it's like to loose a loved one Jareddude, and I'm (and maybe someone else on hnet) is here for you if you need to get stuff off of your chest...love you as well Jareddude.

Posted

Well, we got told me passed, at 10:38 this night. He's in a better place, with God and Jesus. I love you, Uncle John. You'll never leave me.

Posted

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Jared. My condolences to your family. But I'm sure your uncle is in a better place now :) Remember, if you need someone to talk too, you can always talk to me if you want. catch me on skype or wherever!

Posted

Thanks a lot, Cascade! I think I'll be okay, for now. He's being taken care of, and I have to look forward to Christmas, even though it might be a little hard.

Posted

I don't know what to say, Jared. *hug* My condolences. If you ever need to talk, we're all here.

Posted

Yeah idk, it sucks >: Relatives of mine have died before, but none I've been very close to. Best to all your family.

Posted

Always sucks when it's right next to Christmas, doesn't it.

Posted

I mean, it always suck period, Pheo, but yeah, it puts a damper on the holidays. I've been there :/

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear that, Jared. My prayers to your family and your mourning, but he is indeed in a better place now.

Posted

A loss of a loved one is always sad, but it's good that you are able to remember the good times.

And I love you too Jared

Posted

Jared. I'm using all my awesome powers to give you a hug through the internet.

Can you feel it?

Posted

Thanks, all of you. :) So much.

And yes, I do feel it, Linox. We've all been okay, over here. :D

Posted

INITIATE HEARTWARMING INTERNET GROUP HUG!

Posted

HEARTWARMING INTERNET HUG SEQUENCE, INITIATED! PREPARE FOR AWKWARD FEELINGS IN 10, 9, 8......