Photo
- - - - -

Retro Studios to take on the Zelda franchise?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Retro Studios tackling Legend of Zelda: (9 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your thoughts on this?

1. Good idea; they've done well with other titles in the past. (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Bad idea; leave Legend of Zelda to Nintendo only! (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. On the fence; will need to see screenshots/gameplay/etc first! (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. Another Zelda?!? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 DorkLink

Leever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

I think a 1st person Zelda could work if done right. I'm not completely against it so long as it's done right.

I've played Dragon Quest Swords for Wii and the combat/boss battles in that game had some pretty cool concepts to them; I think I have that game to thank for getting me familiar with different angles of strikes/slashes to use depending on what an enemy sends your way in Skyward Sword.

C'mon Retro, don't let us down now!

#12 Chimetals

Well, /i/ thought it was a good idea.

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4006 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

based on the high praise you guys are giving, i guess id have to see the game to really judge, but it still freaks me out thinking about it.

#13 Berlioz

Moblin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

#14 pheonix561

Most Exalted Potentate of Love

• +Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13152 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

If I remember correctly, Occarina of time was originally going to be first person. I think it was also going to be textured to be more like the original zelda games, and the enemies were going to be more like the original ones too. Whether or not that would have been a good idea is unknowable, though that's unrelated. First person zelda is not a foreign concept to the series, just one that hasn't been used yet (for better or for worse).

I think if a zelda game were in first person, a lot of the player response would be "Trying to rip off elder scrolls." I don't know if that would have been the response when OoT came out, but I think Retro would avoid making it a first person game, for that reason.

I have faith in retro. I'm pretty sure they can come up with some good ideas for a zelda game if they have to. For all we know, this could be like skyward sword and Twilight Princess. Retro develops the game that holds everyone over until Nintendo makes their supergame, and this way, Nintendo doesn't have to do both. Besides, I don't think Nintendo would give Retro full ride. There'd probably be at least a little collaboration between the two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users