Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MUSIQUE Musings

5 posts in this topic

Posted

So I recently got the equip hookup. Got a simple DJ controller, a studio program, and some MOTIVATION. Not the best equipment. The DJ controller is not the PRO version, and the studio program is a free thing that's in beta and has a terrible interface, and subpar synths and samples. Rather, they're definitely meant for things like acid, rave, trance, and hip-hop, not the more organic and warm things that I am interested in creating. That being, house music. I recently was invited to be part of a DJ production group called Noise Tank, by a musicbro/anime con chair because our area doesn't have many house DJs. Our clubs and raves have been subjected to dubstep. All dubstep. All the time. I have a friend who met Skrillex and hung out with him, dressed as him. There is so much dubstep. And electro. Stuff like that.

So I am excited and stuff. If you guys enjoy dance music, you can check out this mix I made. I made it as an example to the guy inviting me of how I mix. I am definitely a beginner, but I want to improve, and he's willing to hook me up with connections and stuff. It's just a mix. So, some tracks strung together with a transition that's not supposed to be glaringly obvious, with the intention to create a good flow of tension and release. I was a bit sloppy in a couple parts, but some of the transitions are pretty smooth. I did this with my DJ controller, which is pretty much electronic/digital turntables. (Yes, they can scratch) I also have a few original tracks on my SoundCloud that I wish I could go back and edit, but I messed them up along the way and it would be hard to polish them completely. forLoops is probably the most popular out of all of them.

Cross your fingers for me, and offer up any crit you've got! I'm excited to do things like this.

http://soundcloud.co...nch-house-mix-1

Posted

): well ok

Posted

y r u no Ableton Live?

Seriously even FL Studio would be better than some silly obscure beta release

Posted

Hey LL, just because they have that silly writing for a name doesn't make them a terrorist.....but if they are using a netbook, s/he must be a terrorist....that's just plain logic.

Posted

Hey LL, just because they have that silly writing for a name doesn't make them a terrorist.....but if they are using a netbook, s/he must be a terrorist....that's just plain logic.

puppy you i'm a terrorist

also you should be using the Camelot system or your mix will sound trashy

also warp tracks in Ableton

also use Ableton's beat matchup

also get Ableton