Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Releases Official Zelda Timeline

19 posts in this topic

Posted

It can't change. That's the point of an "official" timeline. It's the end-all be-all of Zelda timelines that no one can argue with.

From here on out, every future Zelda game will adhere to this timeline in some way. It's a pretty big deal considering we've been waiting for an official timeline since, oh, Ocarina of Time or so.

Posted

most of the news i find i find late

but thats because no one on this site says anything about it when it first happens

which is why ZD gets more users etc etc

Posted

Doesn't change the fact that nothing you said to my quoted post had anything to do with my post at all
like are you denying this or avoiding the topic

Posted

I'd say the most significant part of this is the fact that they're now conscious of a timeline, and they'll make the next games fit in it somewhere for continuity, maybe expanding more on the overarching story. Because, let's be honest, they didn't have this in mind from the start. They were just making games. And that's perfectly fine. When Capcom was all like, "Hey, guys, let's make some Zelda games," Nintendo didn't say, "Okay, but here, have a copy of this timeline, and make sure your games fit in there nicely." They were probably like, "Hokay then, but make sure they're good!" "Lol okay nintendo."

And then, "Oh man guys, people are asking about timelines. Let's take what we've got and arrange it in the most plausible way." Which is also perfectly fine. What's good is that they decided to put everything down instead of continuing to jump around with games throwing a few references to previous ones in, a strategy that worked perfectly fine for the time, but had recently begun to dull.

Skyward Sword has been pretty much the first game to really take this whole thing into account (guys, let's start at the beginning and really lay down the origins of the stuff in these other games), and I think it's done great things for the storyline. As time goes on, I think we'll see lots of neat things happening with respect to story. Will they expand on the events between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap? Between Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker? Or just continue on where one timeline left off? Or what about the resultant timeline when the MOON crashes into TERMINA? Who even knoooowwws. And that is perfectly fine.

see these motifs it's like I put some thought into this
I didn't say anything new
I didn't say anything new at all