Most memorable moment in any ZELDA game?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

My most memorable moment gave me nightmares lol I was probably 8yrs old playing ocarina of time at night with the lights turned off and mom and dad went out for the night and I had walked in the forest temple and i kept hearing this weird sound of humming of voices..I was scared to go any further I thought that their was going to be some freak of a monster pop out and kill me because the sound kept getting closer!!! I looked up down all around and come to find out it was the music not an enemy but I dint figure that out till the next morning because I shut the game off and was scared to death until the morning sun came up lol

ZeldaGirl6411 likes this

Posted

Moving this to the Zelda Discussion forum.

Posted

When I beat the elite four and then caught Mewtwo. That was rad.

Posted

For some reason as far as my Zelda memories go, the only one that really stands out as being very memorable comes from year before I even played any of them. It was Ocarina of Time and I was at the house of a friend of my friend's older brother. He was playing Ocarina of Time there, and for some reason all I can remember is being freaked out by the stalfos in Hyrule Field. Felt like a horror game to me at the time.

A few years after Wind Waker released, I bought the limited edition of Wind Waker with the Collector's Edition disk that had Ocarina of Time on it. Was quite surprised that it wasn't nearly as scary as I'd remembered it. It really wasn't freaky at all.

That old memory is probably one of my scariest moments in gaming too. I wasn't even playing the game. It wasn't even scary. But it definitely did scare me when I was like 7 years old. And I'd have been about 7, because I also recall that the friend of brother's friend "actually managed to beat Majora's Mask", which was a big deal to my friend's brother, since he seriously couldn't beat that game. I still haven't either, not like I've been trying particularly hard to though.

Weird that just visiting someone and seeing them play a game can leave such a lasting impression.

I'll have a think concerning memories from actually playing the games.

Posted

lol when i was a kid i always played through Ocarina of Time...but whenever i got to Jabu Jabu's Belly i would have my dad do it, then later get stuck on the Water Temple, then erase the file and start over again, this was a continuous pattern for me until i was, i think 10 years old

Posted

After much thought and deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that the beginning of Ocarina of Time has been, and perhaps always will be, my favorite moment in gaming history. Sentimentality aside, from which a large portion of my love stems, it is such a fantastic opening, full of childlike wonder, exploration, all tinted by an unknown, yet threatening, darkness. Particularly, the plight of the Great Deku Tree was always incredibly moving for me. The early exploration required to find the Kokiri Sword was incredible (as a child, and even now as an adult, even if it has become more of a routine), and then conquering the evil inside the Great Deku Tree was a really powerful sequence.

As with most things, I can never fully express why I feel the way I feel, but, these are my feelings. Also, the music. Le sigh.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

The first time I encountered a wall master. I legit turned off the system and ran.

Posted

The first time I encountered a wall master. I legit turned off the system and ran.

pretty sure I did that with the redeads.

unrelated but I was beating the forest temple yesterday and I smacked a wallmaster, then it split into three and one started strangling me. seriously what kind of sick voodoo magic gypsy shit is that

my most memorable is the great bay temple. I literally loved almost every second of it. couldn't tell you why, I just loved the whole switching of the water currents and flying down those pipes...too cool. MM is just very memorable for me in general, since both my brother and my dad had given up on it, and I was the only one that gave it a chance 6 years after we'd abandoned it. beat it almost 100% too.

Posted

When you rescue Zelda

Posted

pretty sure I did that with the redeads.

unrelated but I was beating the forest temple yesterday and I smacked a wallmaster, then it split into three and one started strangling me. seriously what kind of sick voodoo magic gypsy shit is that

my most memorable is the great bay temple. I literally loved almost every second of it. couldn't tell you why, I just loved the whole switching of the water currents and flying down those pipes...too cool. MM is just very memorable for me in general, since both my brother and my dad had given up on it, and I was the only one that gave it a chance 6 years after we'd abandoned it. beat it almost 100% too.

pro

Posted

Yeah man, I getchu. Sometimes you just come across a level in a video game you fall in love with. A lot of Super Mario Sunshine's levels were like that, for me. Like the harbor, or the big tree the piantas all lived in. Man I loved those levels. That game is under appreciated.

If there was anything in any zelda game I particularly remember, it would be the first time you go to the forsaken fortress. That stuff was hard, man. I kept getting lost and wandering through the level, and I ended up getting the peace of heart you can just come back for later when you're all armed and dangerous. It was too easy to get lost. Intense stuff. Finally getting through it, and then winding up at Dragon Roost island was a big deal for me.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

There have been a few for me. In 1991 the first time I played "A Link to the Past" walking out of Link's house into a downpour I still remember my expression of "WOW!" when it first hit me just how much better Zelda would become on newer systems.

Beating Ocarina of Time at 4AM. Red eyed and sleep deprived and trying very hard to not wake anyone with my shouts of glee.

Beating Majora's Mask with the Oni Mask. After initially beating it as Link I went back and collected ever other mask, an arduous task but it made the game much more satisfying.

The Wind Waker's Ganon Coup de grâce. Gives new meaning to a "Splitting Headache".

The epic and vast Hyrule of Twilight Princess.

The heart pounding excitement and engrossing plot of Skyward Sword.

Honorable Mention:

The Sequel(ness) of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks

The Time shifting and or season changing fun of The Oracle games

The minish view of the world in Minish Cap

It's dangerous to go alone take this with you.

Posted

Yeah man, I getchu. Sometimes you just come across a level in a video game you fall in love with. A lot of Super Mario Sunshine's levels were like that, for me. Like the harbor, or the big tree the piantas all lived in. Man I loved those levels. That game is under appreciated.

If there was anything in any zelda game I particularly remember, it would be the first time you go to the forsaken fortress. That stuff was hard, man. I kept getting lost and wandering through the level, and I ended up getting the peace of heart you can just come back for later when you're all armed and dangerous. It was too easy to get lost. Intense stuff. Finally getting through it, and then winding up at Dragon Roost island was a big deal for me.

it helps when you memorize the route that actually works

Posted

Mikau's death scene in Majora's Mask. And more generally, the feeling of futility or helplessness in everything you do in every three-day-span except for the last. The realisation that no matter how good you are, you can't save everybody. Such a rawly emotional instalment in the series!

Posted (edited)

My favorite part of the Zelda series, hands-down, is the Kanju-Kafai love quest. Love it, and it's one of the few reasons why Mojara's Mask is my favorite Zelda over all the others.

Most memorable moment? Oh ya. The Re-Deads in those graves in Ocarina of Time, where you have to go learn that Sun Song. I kept turning off my system right as they screamed at me.

That's why the Shadow Temple in Wind Waker was such a nightmare for me, because it was full of all those Poes and ReDeads. Not to mention if you shot them with arrows long enough they would glance your way with those empty eyes... Not fun.

Edited by Ezlo (see edit history)