Most memorable moment in any ZELDA game?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

In Ocarina of Time, Saria's quote"Oh, you're leaving...But that's OK, because we'll be friends forever...won't we?" as Link is about to leave to Hyrule Field. Tore me up a bit inside. Especially knowing later on that they can't be together due to her status as a sage.

The death of Mikau in Majora's Mask. Besides Link, nobody ever finds out of his death.

Oh, and Majora's Mask had an awesome tune for the Stone Tower Temple. Just saying.

Posted

It's hard to choose. I just played too many.

Ocarina of Time still holds that huge nostalgia value for me, of course. The beginning is very memorable, as well as the entire game. The credits also move me, due to it being Zelda's Lullaby for the most part.

Wind Waker was brought up, and I feel the same about the Forsaken Fortress as well. "Don't tell me you were playing some stupid game for treasure...were you?"

Wind Waker holds so many memories, I could constantly play it without getting bored. One of my favorite moments is when he pulls the Master Sword, looks confused, and THEN swings it! And the prayers that play before the sword is reupgraded are just magical. Even just walking around Windfall was a great experience every once in awhile. Hell, I even finished the ENTIRE Nintendo Gallery. It couldn't have taken me over a month, I just love it so much. My favorite temple miiiight be the Forsaken Woods, or the Earth Temple. :) (Now I'm starting to remember why I though tWW was my favorite Zelda...)

Majora's Mask is also up there. Just everything about it, I loved. I remember always wearing the Bunny Hood. So fun. Still got the golden cartridge, yo. My favorite music piece was when the moon was about to crash.

Oracle of Seasons...I loved it. But it doesn't hold any spot close to the other Zeldas. Same with Link's Awakening DX (On my 3DS :3).

Twilight Princess, it's mostly the music that holds it's value for me. While the dungeons were fantastic, they simply don't pop out, like say Jabu Jabu's Belly from Ocarina of Time. I loved the Zelda's Lullaby pieces in this game the most, as well as Hyrule Field.

Skyward Sword...oh my. Just everything about it (Including Link) is near perfect. The music, temples, cutscenes (Best cutscenes I've ever seen in my LIFE.) everything.

One thing that stands out the most is the cutscene with Zelda when you get the True Master Sword. It's just so emotional and lovely. Still makes me tear up near the end...*Holds up golden Wiimote in tears*

Posted

Most memorable Zelda moment for me? Hm... probably when I was about 6/7 and me and my sister would used to watch my padre play Ocarina of Time when we came back from school/he was back from work. It was like, a proper family activity back then, crazy. Then he got to the Forest Temple and got frustrated with all that shit in that dungeon (wallmasters im lookin @ u) and stopped playing it, well, forever lol. Then I picked up his file two years later, ran around, got the hang of the controls and stuff, then beat that stupid temple. Most proudest video game moment ever for me. I was just like "I did something my dad can't do? im puppyin awesome hell yeahh" lol.

Other than that, p. typical answer but I did feel so good when I beat Majora's Mask whilst making sure I helped everyone as much as I could in one three-day cycle (all the temples, stray fairies, spider houses, bomber's notebook peeps you can do without affecting others, various small things like the frogs, the zora eggs, pamela and her dad, uh, koume and kotake? etc etc). such a good samaritan. :>

Posted

That's something I forgot to mention. Thanks, Cascade!

I remember when I was no older than four, my family watch my mom, cheering her on as she tried to get to the gate before it closed in Ocarina of Time. We were eating these cookie things too, such good times. ;(

Posted

This is so cool to read, because I can relate...my dad and brother used to make a family event out of OoT when I was a kid, too. Baw.

I'll come back and edit this later, I have some

Posted (edited)

I got a couple for y'all.

First one's rather humorous. Like a couple people have mentioned, my first time through Forsaken Fortress is probably my most memorable. . . But for a bit of a different reason. My brother and I were youngins, and he was watching me play. I kind of liked the BGM, so I turned up the volume really high. I figured since I didn't have my sword, there WOULD BE NO ENEMIES RITE? I MEAN RITE? So I was like, "I gots this bro" and was being all super stealthy bright green ninja. Then I enter one of the doorways in that central area. I see keese and turn around like, "YAH NO THIS IS THE WRONG WAY" and try another door. No enemies, so I continue down the hall and reach the cauldron room.

It was silent for a moment, and then all of a sudden there's this freaking demonically loud, squeaky "NYEEEEEHH NYEEEEEEHHH! NYEH NYEHHHH!" out of FLAPPING NOWHERE while these little red devils drop from the FLAPPING CEILING. I freak and throw the controller while my brother freaks out so badly that he jumps and flips over the back of the couch while poor Link gets stabbed to death by grinning, demonic devil-babies. I was too scared to play a game for a year after that.

And thus began a long running gag that we still joke about even today whenever one of us plays that game. True story.

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)
Jareddude likes this

Posted

Well i think my memories of OoT are kinda shit because i was playing with my childhood best friend, who is kinda a shit. That may be the only reason im not in love with the game, to be honest. I remember being in awe in the first dungeon, the Deku Tree. And my friend was such a dick about it. Specifically he said "I know every step of this game because I have a perfect memory." So i asked him where to go next. "Well you are doing it wrong so i cant remember it that way."

I wish i had endearing memories of that game.

One of my best buds has never played LoZ aside from Four Swords Adventure with me and i'm gonna get OoT on Wii and play it with him argh!!!!!

Posted

I remember playing Ocarina of Time with my friend Logan and his brother Brandon. They were always amazed that I could become an adult in an afternoon. We'd then go out and pretend we were characters in Dragon Ball Z and try to go super saiyan.

Brandon passed away from illness and Logan and I stopped hanging out. I miss those days.

Posted

My Uncle, Aunt and Cousin would always come over for dinner on Thursday nights. We would have dinner, watch Survivor and then watch my Uncle play Ocarina of Time. It was pretty much clockwork every week, and the main thing that I remember from it was the controller being constantly thrown, slammed all over.

Posted

A recent memorable moment was when I finished Skyward Sword and *spoiler alert* before Fi has to return to the Master Sword on the pedestal and she tells you, "Thank You". What she says up til that point included was very touching :)

Posted

A recent memorable moment was when I finished Skyward Sword and *spoiler alert* before Fi has to return to the Master Sword on the pedestal and she tells you, "Thank You". What she says up til that point included was very touching :)

Dude, that whole ending. I was trying not to cry. 'Cause my mom was watching me play. I cried anyways.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Dude, that whole ending. I was trying not to cry. 'Cause my mom was watching me play. I cried anyways.

Don't worry, I cried too LOL

Posted

In Zelda Twilight Princess, I remember to have felt really sad when Epona was like uncontrollable and berserk because of those who stole her, in Kakariko Village. It made me (for a while) feel like I couldn't do anything to help her, I felt real hatred against the Moblins in that moment! Now I feel kind of silly when talking about it.

(Skyward Sword)

Oh, and I don't know if I could call it memorable, but I can't forget the way Link stopped Ghirahim from hurting Zelda and Impa after finishing the third dungeon, when they are about to travel across the Gate of Time.

Posted

Everyone remembers that skyward sword moment, not just you. It's a good skyward sword moment.

Posted

Oh god, there's so many O.O

I'll never forget seeing the beginning of OoT for the first time, the first zelda game I ever played, when I was about 7 years old. I was instantly in love XD

Also, again when I was 7, the first time I went into the Royal family's tomb and encountered all those redeads. I literally threw the controller at the wall, unplugged the gamecube, and cried for about a half hour XD

Also, when I was about 11, when I finished Phantom hourglass for the first time. Again, I cried for a good half hour there too XD

I can also relate to the person who said the music in the forest temple scared them, I would play when everyone went to bed and I got pretty stuck in there. At some point I just had to turn it off because the music was too dang eerie XD

Agencereurich likes this