Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minecraft Server

99 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is anyone here interested in an official Hyrule.net Minecraft server? Coldfyre, he's staff on the chat (Not #zelda but the whole network), runs his own minecraft server and community called Charged Creepers. He and I were talking and I brought up an idea of having our own world on his server for Hyrule.net for everyone here to be able to have fun and build.

This is to just figure out a few things like if you want it to be a protected world, password protected or something, if PVP is going to be going on or whatever. It will run within his current minecraft server meaning if left unprotected other people from his community can come in a take a look at what's going on, build, etc.

Thoughts??

Edited by Tappy (see edit history)

Posted

yeah sounds awesome. As long as people take down all of the tree (and not just the bottom part, leaving a floating top) and replant them. Lol.

I also suggest having monsters appear only at certain times or days. So people who wanna play casually can do that while mon hunters can have a good time as well. CO EXISTING!

Oh, and maybe like Faction based PVP with PVP turned on as like an event (maybe PVP is only activated on saturdays or something. similar to the monster thing)

Posted

Chef Nonsense and Corrupt One are already trying to run a kind of Hyrule.net server. Most of the Minecraft-playing users have already built things and stuff on them and have them saved to their server lists. I'm still working on one of my builds, so I would hope you don't try to hijack authenticity in the "official" business.

Posted

I'm interested in the Charged Creepers.

Also, World Guard.

Posted

im with saha on the holding off on it for now thing, since i was going to check out the current official server. but setting up preparations for a future one is a good idea

Posted

I support this, if only because Chef and CO's server doesn't work for me atm.

Posted

I don't mind swapping to an official Hnet server instead of an official server hosted by CO and Chef Nonsense. To be honest though, All I really want to do is finish that ridiculous castle I was building. But yeah I'd join that server.

I also support factions. I will lead my own Faction of mercenaries, independent of the other factions. I will be hired by the other factions to do things inolving violence for money, seeing as how I'm the only person on hnet qualified to kill mobs or other players properly. I will be King Pheo of the War Bears or something.

The idea of factions has gotten me so excited that now I really really want to do this.

Posted

Hi everyone and nice to meet you!

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have about us(what we currently offer and what we can offer in addition).

A quick list of useful things I have: Multiverse - I'd be able to have private world or as unprivate as desired, WorldGuard, homes and warping, I already do have custom mob spawning, custom trees that automagically grow(we can also design more trees!).

Ammonsa likes this

Posted

Also yeah, multiworld alone is worth this. Having been on a multiworld sever before it's pretty great.

Posted

I sound like a salesman here. I'm also able to design a truly custom world with almost anything desired. For example all desert, entirely snow blocks, mostly swampland, or floating islands like in Avatar. Chances are if you have specific general terrain requirements, I can meet them.

Posted

pretty sure you can look up how to do that on the internet

ive always been too lazy to do so though

Posted

So, if we had a factions pvp kinda thing you'd be able to build custom (no worlds, but areas I guess, miniworlds) specifically for that faction? Cause that'd be cool and it'd be a good way of delineating the factions areas, as well as setting up for conflict regarding materials. A faction controlling the forest (but there may be no mobs in it) is a strong faction, due to all their wood, but with no livestock trade must take place. Or war.

Posted

I don't think there should be more than 2 factions, simply because there really aren't a whole lot of us Hnetters. If our community grew (both forum and MC) then expanding to 3 and maybe 4 factions is something to look into. But for now, I feel like there aren't enough of us to have more than 2.

Posted

So, if we had a factions pvp kinda thing you'd be able to build custom (no worlds, but areas I guess, miniworlds) specifically for that faction? Cause that'd be cool and it'd be a good way of delineating the factions areas, as well as setting up for conflict regarding materials. A faction controlling the forest (but there may be no mobs in it) is a strong faction, due to all their wood, but with no livestock trade must take place. Or war.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. Are you looking for a specific world for factions. Multiple factions in one world could be achived with different "spawn" points in a large world.

Posted

Yes, that's what I mean.