Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Minecraft Server

99 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking here. Are you looking for a specific world for factions. Multiple factions in one world could be achived with different "spawn" points in a large world.

Yeah I like this idea better

Posted

Hi everyone and nice to meet you!

I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have about us(what we currently offer and what we can offer in addition).

A quick list of useful things I have: Multiverse - I'd be able to have private world or as unprivate as desired, WorldGuard, homes and warping, I already do have custom mob spawning, custom trees that automagically grow(we can also design more trees!).

I sound like a salesman here. I'm also able to design a truly custom world with almost anything desired. For example all desert, entirely snow blocks, mostly swampland, or floating islands like in Avatar. Chances are if you have specific general terrain requirements, I can meet them.

Could you explain what these are for me? I don't know about you guys but I already know I'm going to build a small fort on the edge of a fjord looking over the ocean, and it's going to be awesome. That's my initial plan, but I'm not sure how custom rules apply to this kind of thing, though. I'm saying, I'm not sure how things like whatever "multiverse" or "worldguard" or "custom world" are would affect this. I'm really excited about the idea of a faction based hnet server, though.

Posted

Could you explain what these are for me? I don't know about you guys but I already know I'm going to build a small fort on the edge of a fjord looking over the ocean, and it's going to be awesome. That's my initial plan, but I'm not sure how custom rules apply to this kind of thing, though. I'm saying, I'm not sure how things like whatever "multiverse" or "worldguard" or "custom world" are would affect this. I'm really excited about the idea of a faction based hnet server, though.

Probably the most relavent thing here is the "custom world". What I mean by this is if you say for example "I want to only have oceans with mountains" I can make waterworld with a few Mt. Everest like mountains in the middle. I'm referring to the overall desired resource distribution if anything else than you get with a "standard" world that you would get without any mods. Hope this explains it.

Posted

Explains a lot, actually. Ammonsa was talking with me in skype, and we were discussing what the makeup of the world would be. Apparently, the land between both factions would be widely and obviously varied, but still plenty hospitible for both factions. Everything that wasn't those two factions would be completely inhospitible. Honestly, for a mercenary such as myself, I'd love to take "inhospitible" as a challenge and build a fort out in the desert, then take jobs based on whoever pays the highest.

Is it safe to assume the two Faction's countries would only be about the size of a biome, each? And the rest would be ocean or desert or something?

Posted

I can't control what biomes are where, but I can control what ones exist, the average sizes, scarcity of ores, and the frequency they spawn. If I understand you correctly, you want two sperate landmasses with said biomes sperated by ocean, and these are the countries? I am able to do that.

Posted

a desert would be preferable, making invasions or other nefarious deeds easier.

Posted

I would assume the two best biomes to use would be a snowy forrest and a regular forest. The two next to each other are easy enough to differentiate between, and tell where the border lies. What I'm suggesting is, one giant continent with the forrest and the snowy forrest connected, without desert or ocean in between. If it's possible to have those two right next to each other, and the rest of the world entirely unending ocean, that would probably be best. It would make ores pretty limited, though. What do you guys think?

Posted

I always though a factioned map would be best with one side holding certain resources and the other holding other resources. For example, one side has a forest biome and the other has a snow biome, but with loads of ore underneath. So naturally conflict must occur to get the resources you need.

Posted

You mean a tundra, then. That makes sense, too.

Posted

TWO ISLANDS TRADING!! :D

Posted

what about two continents, with the first project being the mass building of a bridge connecting them?

im personally partial to desert, but trying to get that in between two others might be tricky. but desert has its own resources, like cacti, and basically everything has ore when you dig down.....though......deserts are extremely lacking in trees.....all players would have to start one one, then after having a few really basic tools, migrate to the other, if one was desert.

puppy it, i just wanna build a sand castle :< pheo, let me help build a sand castle! a bloody fortress!

Posted

NEVER.

MAYBE. Are you bear enough?

Posted

well, your hugs havent killed me yet.

on a barely related note, using the seed "Chuck Norris" spawns a world with a huge forest, and then a huge desert with above ground lava pools, the two divided by a decent sized river, and some oceany/lakey bits.

*edit* apparently theres a tundra biome

chucknorrisv.png

i get the feeling this isnt exactly what we seem to want, but im still gonna explore because, heck, i cant ever seem to get desert and snow in the same map :<

*edit edit*

theres a marsh biome on the other side of the desert, i think this seed just has a little of everything

Posted

Chimetals, tomorrow, I will show you what ungodly thing happens when my name is used.

Posted

Seeds aren't the problem, it's location of the biomes. I'm not sure how that will be fixed.